Chapter 19

I'm back stage messing around with the people who aren't on stage right now. Which is basically everyone besides the NOTP Emma and Lucas. And, yes we have drama on Saturday. Anyways, I feel like we should probably be listening, but we're not, no one exactly likes Emma here. I may be an understudy but these people are absolutely amazing! Like, they're my second family. I consider Riley and her family as family so drama department is my second! Someone puts on that one song from Hannah Montana, If We Were A Movie. The whole cast made a whole dance for it. That's what us, drama geeks, are gonna do at graduation, of course if I we graduate. Their seen ends and they get a 30 minute break. We've all actually been trying to sing, dance, or preform in the streets to try and get the spring fling back on, I mean, I feel like Spring Fling is more lit than Prom, but basically it's our prom, but cheaper. "OKAY READY!" I yell, I pretty much choreographed this whole dance, because they said I'm the best dancer, but truthfully, I think Darby is, but she wouldn't accept.

"READY!" They all yell in unison. Creepy, but okay. We do the little dance and add a little on. I may choreographed, but Darby put all of it together. THE Darby yells, "Everyone, pair up! NOW!" Uhm, the only person surprisingly was Lucas because Emma went with her friend. He bows down like a gentleman.

"May I have this dance?" He ask and holds out his hand. I roll my eyes. And accept his hand.

"Yeah, whatever." Darby shows us how to do the dance and we try and copy it, but it all ends up in a flop. We're all laughing on the ground. We try again. But our break is over unfortunately. Our serious faces are back on and the people who need to, go on the stage. Which is basically every main character. I mean, I don't get a huge important part, I got extra it's better than nothing. I found out today. I enjoy it though because really in the end scene where we all sing and dance to Footloose, it's going to be my last act ever! Well, at least in high school. They are all performing and Darby comes up to me, because she's the choreographer for the actual play, ( I don't understand why she took that part for choreographer and not for on the street choreographer?) she doesn't have anything to do, but watch. But, ya gotta admit, watching it every single day is kinda annoying so... I turn," What's up?"
I'm guessing she wants to talk to me about the routine.

"I just wanted to know," okay, definitely not about the routine, "If you and Lucas are dating." I start coughing.

"No! Why would you think that! We're just friends." Then I think about it for a second. Are we friends? "Actually, I don't even know if we're friends. I mean, I hate him, but he's really nice," and hot, but I leave that part out, " He's also sometimes mean but, we fight a lot." Darby laughs.

"You guys need to get together! You fight like an old married couple, and mess around with each other to make it look like your flirting!" She smiles. I look down.

"Is that how everyone really see it?" I ask, even though I already know the answer. Sarah butts in.

"Yeah pretty much," She exclaims," You guys are like FIYAH!" I roll my eyes and just continue watching them act. To be honest, that's really what we do, although we've been ignoring each other for like two weeks, we really can't. And it pretty much kills me knowing that he was also trying to ignore me. Oh, and of course I still like him, I always have. I get to lost in my thoughts that drama is already over and Lucas is shaking me.

"Yo, you in there?" He asks and waves his hand back and forth in front of my face.

"Yes, now what do you want."

"Can you give me a ride home?" He asks.

"What? I think my ears are defying me? You want a ride from me?"

"Well, yeah, that's why I'm asking! Duh." I bite my lip, should I really be doing this? Yeah.

"Uh, sure. Plus we have that one project." He looks at me puzzled. "History idiot!" I lead him to my car and drive to his house. He opens the door and I go in. I still can't believe that he lives like this, I would honestly hate living in a house like this, so much cleaning and crap like that. I could honestly get lost in this place. I sit down on his couch. He breaks the silence we had for the past 20 minutes.

"Um, so how's Farkle doing?" He asks.

"He's doing fine." I really wanna tell him things and pour out of what hes been missing, but I don't . Okay, no smiling, no frowning, straight dace, so he can't tell what I'm feeling.

"I know things have been really awkward between, uhm, us but I kinda want that to change." He states. I turn.

"Why would you want that to change? You have such a perfect life! All I get is abuse, left, a brother, a roof over my head, and half a mom!" I start to raise my voice a little. He opens his mouth to say something, stops and open s his mouth but looks now frustrated.

"Who abused you?" He asks a little angry.

"Uh, no one, nothing, forget I ever said that." I say quickly and try and start the project but he doesn't let me.

"Maya, I care about you, and I don't want you to get hurt!" He says.

"Never thought I'd here those words come out of you mouth." I mumble. He just stares. I change the topic. Sorta. "Why would you care! You hated my guts 2 weeks ago and I wanted to kill you! Why do you care now!"

"Because I miss you guys! Emma is a bitch! I tried to break up with her but she won't accept it! I hate her and she wont let me have freedom. I just want you guys back! I want a new start, a clean slate with you guys. I just want to be friends again." He says.

"Oh..." I reply and look down. This is great and not. Farkle still hates him and so does Riley. Oh god.

a/n
~~~

Lol I'm literally making up the story as I go. That's really bad, and the only thing I know is that this is gonna have at least 40 or 50 chapters and I know how it's gonna end.