Fourteen

Emma's point of view

"How's the homework going?"

I heard the deep voice from behind me and turned away from the work I was doing. I wasn't getting much done any way.

"As good as homework can go," I mumbled, and watched as Harry walked over and stood beside me. He picked up the worksheet and looked it over, a puzzled expression taking over his features.

"What is this?"

"My calculus homework," I told him.

"Calculus? As in math?" I huffed and took the sheet from his hands.

"Yes, 'as in math.' Didn't you ever go to school?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"Indeed I did, but it feels like ages ago. And luckily, never in my life have I used 'calculus.'"

"Then why do I have to take it?"

"Because if you ever want to be successful like me, you have to get good grades, and go to university."

He smiled, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Don't flatter yourself," I mumbled, going back to my work.

"Oh and Emma? There's something I wanted to talk to you about."

I gulped.

Was this about what happened at the pond? Zayn? Was he kicking me out? A thousand thoughts rushed in my head at once, but I just nodded.

He took a seat at the table text to me, and turned his chair, giving me his full attention.

"You remember that thing between your mother and I? And the incident at the pond? Well really, how could you forget.."

He paused and I only nodded, staying silent.

"Well I can't help but feel that it's my fault. If I never went to your house, your mother wouldn't have been able to try anything, and nothing else would've happened from there," he explained.

"It's wasn't your fault," I said quietly, even though it partly was.

But he couldn't know that.

"Regardless, I feel bad about the whole thing. So, I want to make it up to you."

"Okay...how?" I asked hesitantly.

"Remember when I first went to your house with you? And you showed me your room? Well, I noticed something."

"That's not creepy at all," I murmured.

"Again, I'd like to reiterate that I'm not a creepy stalker, okay? Okay."

I laughed, and gave him a nod, wanting him to move on with the story.

"I noticed band posters on your walls, one of them being 5 seconds of summer. You still like them?"

I perked up after hearing this.

"Yea, of course. They were my favorite band growing up."

"So you know the members? Such as Ashton Irwin?"

Harry smiled as my eyes lit up at the mention of the name.

"Yes! What about him?"

"Well...you see..." He began to purposely stall, and I almost jumped up from my seat.

"Come on, get on with it," I urged anxiously.

"I'm going to try to get you to meet him."

"What?" I shrieked, this time jumping up from my chair. He only laughed, and told me to calm down.

I did as I was told, and tried to contain myself. Obviously it was difficult to. Being told you might have a chance to meet your all time favorite member wasn't something you could easily remain "calm" about.

"How exactly do you plan on doing this?" I asked, sounding much more composed.

"Well, my sister's dating him."

"You have a sister?"

"I do. Her name's Gemma. I haven't spoken to her, or any of my family for that matter, in years, but I'm willing to attempt to reach out to her, for you."

I blushed, my eyes quickly looking towards the ground. This was a lot to process at once, and Harry being all cute about it didn't make things any easier.

"How do you know they're dating? You said you haven't spoken to her in years."

"Ashton's famous, love. Pictures of him and Gemma have been all over the tabloids."

I nodded, all of the puzzle pieces slowly falling into place.

I looked back up into his eyes for clarification.

"You'd really get in touch with Gemma? For me?"

"I would," he replied.

"And do you think this will all work out? Because if you're getting my hopes up for nothing you're a dead man."

He chuckled, nodding his head.

"If I can help it, then yes. This will work out. You'll meet Ashton."

You'll meet Ashton.

Those words set something off in my head, because I could contain my excitement no longer. I let out a scream, and threw my arms around Harry, while he laughed.

"Thank you so much. For everything," I said quickly. A last sentence slipped from my mouth, "I love you."

My heart stopped, and his grip on me loosened.

We both seemed to process the words, and it felt as though time had frozen.

He pulled away from me, my hands still in his.

With eyes full of sincerity he uttered the words,

"I love you too."

///

I cried writing the last part...oops.

Anyway, just to clear things up, 5sos is no longer together in this story.

I know that's a hard thing to fathom, and we don't even want to imagine a time where that's true, but just pretend...for my sake, okay? thanks.

Do you guys even like 5sos? Comment if you do!!

Sooo, anywho, I hope you're enjoying the story! Continue to vote and comment, you guys are the best:)

- Maddie