After a few more students, the bell eventually rang. Harry got up and shut the door behind. He cleared his throat and smiled.
"Welcome to eleventh grade English."
Harry walked to the front of his class, where he sat on his desk and looked around at his students with a smile on his face.

"I'm happy to have you all here. I'm going to start the day by calling out your names for attendance."
Harry reached for the sheet and began to read the names off the list. Everyone was present until he called for Louis. He looked around the see if perhaps this boy was raising his hand, but he saw no one.

"Okay," Harry said. "I'm going to do a presentation about me and the set of rules and expectations in this class."
Harry pressed the space bar to his laptop to start the PowerPoint.

"My name is Harry Styles. I go by Mr. Styles," Harry began. "I grew up here at Holmes chapel with me mum and my older sister Gemma. I am twenty nine years old and I always loved English. I do have hobbies outside of school. I do photography and also write poetry. I have a cat named Molly, she's two years old in human years. I rescued her when she was a baby kitten. I guess that's all there is to know about me."

Harry looked around before moving on to the next slide.
"Okay. I like to be organized. I have trays where your work will be turned in, and expect it to be done on time. I don't like tardy students. If you happen to step in the room without a pass, I'll go ask you to get one. Yes, I'm that type of teacher, but I don't accept disorganized people."

"I'll allow students to snack if they are hungry, however, I'm not your mum so I'll trust that your trash is in one of the two bins that are by the door. I'd like to see more stuff being tossed in the recycling bin, but like I said, you all are grown enough to know what should be recycled and what should not."

"The grading scale is the same, nothings changed," Harry says looking at the screen and back at the students. "So that's about it. I would like to go ahead and get a start on our first quarter project. I know it's too early, but it's really simple and I'd like to knock that out of our list."

Harry frowned as he heard a few students groan, but ignored it. He understands that this is the worst way to start off the school year, but Harry likes to have things properly done and if he slacks now, it will be stressful to get everything done.

Harry bent down to grab a stack of notebooks to be passed around to students who didn't have one. There wasn't going to be an excuse for not doing work in this class.
"Take out a pencil and your composition notebook. If you don't happen to have a notebook, come up so I can give you one."

Harry watched as students move to grab what they need while others slowly got up and walked towards Harry's desk with a sheepish smile.
Melissa was the first to come by, hands behind her back, a blush settling on her cheeks.
"May i have a notebook?" She asked quietly. Harry grabbed the first from the stack and handed it to her who grabbed it and smiled, "thank you."

It went on like that for a few more minutes. After Harry made sure everyone had a notebook and inspected the front cover to see their names and English written with sharpie, he began the instructions.

"This project is very simple," Harry says. "You are to write letters to yourself about your day. From the time you wake up until the day you fall asleep. You are to be detailed, and to write how you feel and all that extra crap. I want you to be honest and to be comfortable. I'm not looking for spelling, I'm just looking to see if you actually are doing what you are told to do and if you are putting effort in it. Your letters are to be written in your notebooks with a date at the top. It should always start with a Dear your name and a love your name. Any questions?"

Harry looked around to see if there was anyone raising their hands, but no one did. As he was about to click to the next slide, there was a knock on the door and a red faced boy at the other side. Harry sighed and walked towards the door, opening it for the boy to be let in. He walked in sheepishly, his hair messy, clothes wrinkled.

"Nice to have you in twenty five minutes in to class," Harry says looking at the clock that it hung at the wall.
"Do you have a pass?" Harry asked the student. He nodded his head, handing it to Harry and walked past him and to the seat in the front by the window. Harry read the name on the pass and kept it on his desk.

"Louis," Harry called out. "I'd like it if you were to take out your notebook and a pencil." Harry watched as Louis blushed and frowned. Without a second thought, Harry grabbed a notebook from his desk and handed it to Louis who stared at it.

Harry sighed before returning his attention to the rest of his students who looked up at Harry, waiting for anything else to be said.
"Why don't you guys start by writing how your summer went and what you'd like to accomplish this school year."

Harry watched as his students began to write, not daring to disobey the lad. Harry walked around to make sure they were doing what they were supposed to before stopping by Louis' desk and noticing that he hasn't started a thing, let alone wrote his name on the cover.
"Do you need a pencil, Mr. Tomlinson?" Harry asked.

Louis looked up, big blue eyes staring right in to Harry's green ones. Harry noticed the bags underneath Louis' eyes and how his skin was pale and his eyes rimmed red. Something was off about this kid, but it wasn't Harry's job to find out what.
———
HELLO!! long time no see. I'm sorry about the lack of updates from my other stories, but I've been working on them and they will be updated soon.

I've had this story in my drafts for a while now and I'm super excited to finally write it and publish it for you all to read it.

Anyways, I know this chapter is a bit boring, but it is the start of Harry and Louis after all. So what do you think so far?

Why do you think Louis came in late and why do you think he was crying?

Let me know what you think in the comments below!!!!