5 Years Later

Jason's pov

*five years later*

I went to Nashville after leaving my love behind. I got me a record deal and now I do what I was born to do. What I've always dreamed of doing. Playing on the big stage. Memories haunt my dreams and keep me up all night. They helped me pen a song called Relentless. If she heard it on the radio, she'd know I still love her. But I don't wanna hurt her. I won't be able to live with myself if I did. My first week in Nashville, I missed her so much I almost committed suicide. But at the last second I chickened out.

*later*

*in his dream*

I was listening to the radio. Tim McGraw. "It hurts to run the restlessness, the sleepless nights I sometimes get the things I've done for foolish pride the me that's never satisfied, the face that's in the mirror when I don't like what I see! I guess that's just the cowboy in me." The song fades out after a bit and I hear panicked screaming. I look around and see a dark haired girl surrounded by a bunch of gangsters. I park my truck and step out. I walk over and my eyes go wide in shock. "My love." I whisper. Her eyes meet mine and tears fill her eyes. "If you touch her, it'll be the last thing you do." I growl, withdrawing my pistol.

*he wakes up*

Sweat drenches my body like the rain outside and my heart thunders out of my chest. I shakily find my glasses on the bedside table. I had to start wearing glasses because of getting shot in the face all those years ago. But tears blur my vision and I have to wipe my eyes.

*the next day*

I head to the bar and get a beer. "Oh God No!" A familiar voice shouts laughing. I spin around. That nightmare still fresh. "I would never!" The brunette gasps in the arms of a wild eyed boy with a farmer's tan. I shakily stare at the girl and it's as if I never left.

Miranda's pov

Brandon my boyfriend was messing with me at the bar when a voice from the past echoed in the small bar. When I turned around, I couldn't believe what I saw. Jason.