A Daring Rescue

Miranda's pov

I shakily lay in bed back home. My parents giving me space like I asked. I slowly drift off worried about the boy I love. The poor confused boy.

*in her dream*

"Jason!" I screech. He spins around and one of the guys trip him. He hits his head on the ground and Craig punches him in the face. "Leave him alone!" I cry, shaking. They hold my arms back and I yank free. "Stop it!" I yell running into the arena. They break a 2×4 over his head. I run over and help him up. "Get out of here." He gasps, desperately. "They ain't above hitting girls." I wipe my eyes. "I'm tougher than you think Jason." He's terrified for my safety. I stand up, my hands in fists. "Don't touch him again!" I shout, punching one of the jerks in the face.

*she wakes up*

I know what I have to do. I'm busting Jason out.

*the next day*

Jason's pov

I was getting something to eat when Craig called me. Ugh that's never good. I walk down there. He's pissed. "Our place was attacked last night." "What?!" I gape shocked. "And the only one who knows about this base is that girl." Uh oh. "She wouldn't do that, Craig. I got to know her well. She's terrified of this place. She'd never attack it." "Oh really?" He shows me pictures. One has spray paint that says, "Tell them I'm coming!" Oh crap! "It must be someone else! A rival or something!" Then the door at the front explodes. He looks on the camera. "Still think it isn't that girl?" He turns it around and I'm shocked by what I see. "Craig Duncan! I'm coming for you!" She screams. Uh oh. "I'm putting you in charge of taking her out." My eyes go wide. "M-Me?" He nods. I run out there confused and terrified. She has several guns and knives. "What in God's name are you doing?!" She looks at me tearfully. Then she grabs my hand. "I'm saving you." Why is she so stupid. "God why'd I fall for such a stupid girl." I gasp, kissing her hard. "How are you gonna do this?" "Taking everyone out that killed your family." My blood runs cold. I haven't thought of them since I told her and even then I was bad out of it. The ecstasy of love. I squeeze her hand. "I'm tougher than you think Jason." Tears come to my eyes. "If we make-" "When." She says. I sigh. "When we make it out of this, I wanna make you my bride." She smiles. "Oh Jason," She kisses me hard.

*later*

Miranda's pov

I hit my knees beside Jason, a bullet wound in his chest. He grips my shirt with a blood splattered hand. "Take this place down. Don't worry about me. Take it down." He chokes out. "I will Jason. For you and for your family." I whisper, sobbing. He grabs my arm. "You're my family." He whispers, making me tear up. I stand back up. Craig stands before me. Several things on fire. Smoke billowing everywhere. "This is for Jason you bastard." I lift my gun and take off running. I run along the wall and get behind him. I kick him in the back and he falls to his knees. I land on his kneecaps breaking them instantly. I smile as he screams in pain. "When ya see the devil, tell him I said hi, he'll know why." I then shoot the motherfucker in the head. I run back to Jason dropping everything but my bazooka. I help him up. He painfully grips his chest. "We did it?" He asks. "We did it." I say. As soon as we get out and a safe distance away, I launch a bazooka into it. Then I get him to the hospital. I meet him in recovery. He smiles when he sees me. "Ya know Craig assigned me to take you out. But I couldn't do it." I smile and sit beside him, slipping a hand under his chin and kissing him passionately. Both hands instantly fly to the back of my head and he sits up. "Miranda," "Call me... Kim." He smiles. "Kim, Marry me?" "In a heartbeat." I whisper.