Headaches

Miranda's pov

My parents are surprisingly home when I get up the next morning. Saturday. Ugh. My head's been hurting all night. "Damn this headache." I whisper, rubbing my temples. I take my meds and some headache meds. "Hey guys what are you doing home?" "Oh preparing for a trip to the desert." I sigh. They're stupid work takes them all over the place and I'm always left all alone..... Well I would be if I didn't have Jason.

Jason's pov

Miranda texts me her parents are leaving on a trip. Ugh they don't care about her at all. I drive over there and she was laying on the couch with a cold compress. "You okay?" "Just a headache. I've had the damn thing all night." "Need me to get you anything?" "Nah I've already taken meds for it." My eyes go wide remembering what she told me. "Hun um remember when you said.... Your head... What if these headaches.... Have something to do with the bullet in your brain?" "It can't. I've taken my meds everyday!" Meds don't always work. "Maybe I should call your parents." "No. They wouldn't care anyway. They'd just say I was being dramatic." Well I don't think that. "Well I care and we're going to the doctors."

*later*

Miranda's pov

We were waiting for the doctor to call my name when it dawns on me. "How are we paying for this?" "I've still got a bunch of cash saved up. We're fine." The doctor calls my name. I sigh and walk back there with Jason. Several minutes later, the doctor finally walks back here and I explain it to him. "We should do a CT scan." I hope Jason can pay for that! "How much will that be?" "Baby don't worry about it." He says, putting a hand on my back. I remain motionless while they take the scan. I'm so nervous. "We'll call you with the results. It should be a couple days." We go to the place he showed me the other day. "I'm worried. What if it is something to do with my head?" I lay my head in his lap. He smiles down at me. "Well if it is, we'll get through it together. I still think we should call your parents." "Ok." I pull out my phone, but tears blur my vision. "Oh God! I'm so scared! What if this kills me?!" He hugs me tight. "Of course not. Don't worry." I end up making the dreaded call to my parents. "Wow they said they're coming home." I gasp surprised. He hugs me. "It's all gonna be alright." He whispers, holding me tight.