#13 My Permission

I sat on the beach with my few belongings on a wooden crate, waiting for Hook. I had held a dagger to Hook's throat and forced him to sail me home. Now I just waited.

Smee came forward. "The captain say it's time to board."

"Oh shoot!" I exclaimed, "I realized I let my dagger back there, one second."

I turned back and sprinted into the forest, all the way to camp. The night air made it chilly. I grabbed my favorite dagger and headed back to the ship.

Everyone else had boarded the ship. I was walking across the cool sand when I felt a familiar hand rest on my shoulder. I could smell his beautiful forest smell, but I knew he was not happy. I spun around.

"No one leaves this island without my permission." He said.

"Well I am." I replied and flipped him over my shoulder. He fell to the ground with a thud but got up.

"Abby, this is not a fight that you can win. Don't try. Come back to camp." He was so inviting that I wanted to go. But I knew what he was doing.

"No. You are using magic to make what you say appealing. When I get back you have the authority to punish me, technically." I replied, walking backwards towards the ocean. The sand sank between my toes, scratchy but nice. I wanted to stay in Neverland forever, but I had to go. I have to protect Peter.

I turned and ran up the gangplank and onto the ship. Hook had the shadow trapped, so we were all ready to go.

He put the shadow in the sail and we lifted. I ran to the rail and looked down at the beach. I saw Peter there, looking surprised and heartbroken. I didn't want to leave him, I love him! But that man in my dreams... The number is 23 now. I have to get as far away from Peter as possible. The dream has gotten worse: it used to be just the number and then he stabbed Peter to death. But it was short and blurry. Now it's clearer and longer. I noticed that it is the same dagger every time. It's got a wavy metal blade with engravings of vines on it and a name. I can barely read the name, but I think it says Richard Skin. That is probably the name of the person that wants to kill Peter.

I gazed down at him. "Goodbye." I whispered down at his tear stained face, tears beginning to fall from my eyes as well.

Peter crying was the last thing I saw before Neverland vanished and a town unfolded below.