#8 The Smallest Spark

Ever since that night of truth, dare, or die Pan had been avoiding me. It's clear why, I mean it's understandable how awkward it is for him. It's awkward for me too. Not that I'm complaining! Pan hasn't sent me to do anything brutal when I would rather sleep in so that's a plus. Felix commonly teases me about the whole thing. We have gotten closer now that he has made an effort to notice I exist. But how could he not? I mean, he's Pan's right hand boy and after that night of course there is now a tie between Pan, him, and I.
Most mornings after I wake up I go down to a small cave in the woods to shower in privacy and think. Pan doesn't notice when I'm gone, which is good. No, that's a lie. He knows EVERYTHING about this island so he knows but he doesn't care too much. Where would I go anyway? I have a hideout at the cave that consists of a small bed, a tiny toilet, mini sink, the waterfall/shower, and a small shelf that holds many things. Mainly those things are food, fun objects, resources, weapons, and little treasures I find around camp and Neverland.
I also have a notebook there that I write EVERYTHING in. It mainly consists of my conflicted feelings towards Pan. Don't get me wrong, I would still jump at the chance to kill him and run- but now I have to sort some stuff out. I cannot let my emotions get the best of me. They normally do and when the do- I lose all control. I am there, aware of everything but my body is not my own and I do terrible things to people I love without a choice. It's a terrible feeling.
It was early one morning that I sat in this cave that I have begun to call The Escape and thought about myself, Pan, and emotion itself. Me caring for Pan was stupid and ridiculous but I couldn't help but question it. Could I actually want him to maybe not die? Like, it's not like I wanted to give him the world or give him stuff or something. But maybe I was beginning to want him to not be dead and coated in his own blood.
It wasn't much, nothing to place your money on- but it was a valid thought. It was almost nothing, so dim you could almost never see it, but it was there. The smallest spark.