Chapter 9

Audrey

It was August's birthday today and I had been up since 6 am, making phone calls and arrangements.

I had cases of alcohol coming by 12:30 on the dot. Which meant I needed Travis and Sneak to take August out of the house for a couple of hours.

August was already surprised to see the girls and Cha at the cemetery yesterday. I only had one more surprise that was family and it was Smoke, August older brother.

My phone rang and I picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Hey girl!" Melissa sang.

"Melissa!" I spoke with excitement.

"Girl me and Nakisha are at the airport,bee about to head to the hotel now"

"That's good, glad you could make it"

"What's birthday boy doing ?" She asked.

"Girl he still asleep, I'm trying to get his boy out here to drag him out so I can get things together here" I laughed.

"Better go wake him up" she laughed.

"Yeah looks like I'm going to have to"

After I got off the phone with Melissa, I made some calls to the bakery and caters. August was so picky about his food it was ridiculous. I had to get all his Nola favorites and it had to be done right.

I walked back into the room to find April wide awake laying on back playing with her binky.

"Oh look whose up" I smiled at her.

She giggled at me, I picked her up.

"It's Papí's birthday" I whispered to her.

"Let's wake him up" we both walked over to the bed and climbed in.

August laid with on his back with his left arm covering his eyes. I placed April on his chest, she placed her salvia filled hand on his arm. She giggled as she continue to push her binky into his arm. August moved a bit, moving his arm. April continue to try and stuff her binky in his closed mouth.

I laughed as she looked back at me and him, as if to say 'What's wrong with him?' .

"Sugar Plum, say Happy Birthday Papi!" I sat up Indian style in the bed.

I grabbed April off of August's chest and laughed.

"Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you,happy birthday dear Papi ! Happy birthday to youuuuuuuu!" Me and April fake sang to August.

August smirked before opening his eyes and shifting in the bed. He lifted his head and body off the be leaning back on his elbows.

"Thank you baby" he grabbed April and began giving her kisses.

She giggled so hard, it made me laugh.

"You want some too" August smirked at me.

He pulled me to him and started attacking me with kisses and tickling me. I started laughing, trying to push him off and grab April.

He grabbed us both up, and pulled us to the center of the bed.

"Thank you" he said trying to catch his breath.