Chapter 4

August POV

I felt like I had been on a plane the entire month of August. We sat in business class, I had a sleeping April in my lap. Audrey had knocked out hours ago.

I looked down at April and over at Drey. I didn't know how I was going to tell her what I just found out. But I knew it had to be done sooner than later. I was feeling so damn guilty every time Audrey smiled at me. She was so damn excited about going to New Orleans and I was going to ruin the good time she had planned for us.

We had another hour before we landed in Louisiana. My gut intuition was really fucking with me.

I closed my eyes and try to sleep it off.

Audrey POV

Finally landing and getting settle in New Orleans, I had to make a few phone calls to the girls, August family and friends.

I was throwing him a surprise party at the vacation home we rented out for the next two weeks. I was having Melissa, Nakisha, Tammy and Yari come out here for a couple days. I needed to see my girls and catch up.

I was determined to make this the best birthday August ever had. He usually didn't do nothing or stained low key for his birthday. But last year he almost died so this year we gonna celebrate life, his life and the new life in his, April.

This was also the perfect opportunity for all his family to finally meet April.

"Babe?" I called out in the living room space.

We had slept in already getting in at the crack of dawn. But I hadn't seen August since we came in.

I stopped by the patio, seeing the doors slightly opened and smelling the smell of weed burning.

"Hey" I walked out.

"Shit... My bad babe" he put out his blunt.

"I know you hate when I smoke"

"I don't hate it, I just don't want April around it"

August couldn't really smoke in France because I didn't want the smell lingering in my home, plus I didn't want April inhaling that.

"I know, I apologize"

"Babe you good"

"Still, I know you dislike it"

"Babe!" I chuckled.

"You good, this your vacation and your daughter is sleeping on the other side of the house" I laughed a little.

He sighed and leaned forward holding his head in his hands.

"Babe are you okay?"

August shook his head no. I couldn't see his eyes due to the shades he always hid behind.

"What's wrong? You don't like the house?"

"The house is fine" his voice was on the verge of cracking.

"Babe what's the matter, you're scaring me"

I walked over to where he sat and stood in front of him.

"Look at me, what's wrong?"