Chapter 1

Cade walked towards the direction of the man facing the bar area. Through the lights pouring from the backyard of their house, he can see the outline of the guy’s jaded bearing. His hands were placed over the long bar positioned at the left side of the pool, the profile of a bored man can be perceived from the handsome sophisticated face.

They are currently celebrating his dad’s, Senior Ricardo Luis Martin, sixtieth birthday in the inclusive wide garden in front of their huge mansion situated in the prominent part of Los Angeles. No more than forty people were invited; all of which were known businessmen and entrepreneurs.

“Hi, I’m Cade. I’m afraid we haven’t been introduced,” He announced. “It seems you’re not enjoying the party. Is there anything I can do to change that?”

Lukas had been observing Cade ever since his arrival at the party, long before the younger man approached him. The only son of Senior Ricardo wore a midnight black suit which complements his equally peculiar dark eyes and a blood-red colored tie giving contrast on the obscure gloom of his overall getup.

The suit hugged Cade’s broad shoulder perfectly. The outline of his toned body shaping the piece of cloth in a very flattering way and his legs, covered by black slacks, fits the young man impeccably.

Cade Martin played the part of a host perfectly while he went from table to table checking in on his father’s guest. Lukas had been right. Now that he’s facing Cade himself, he couldn’t deny the attraction he feels for the young soul. Close to being thirty five, Lukas never felt this sort of attraction before.

Cade is perfection itself. Smooth sun kissed skin, flawless eyebrows and long lashes. Cade’s cute button nose matches his pronounced jawline. Lukas stared at the young man’s lips for what seems like forever, his gaze never faltering whilst trying so hard to contain his reactions.

It took Lukas a moment to regain his composure. He took Cade’s offered hand and shook it, giving it a firm squeeze. “Actually you just did, by just being here.”

For Cade, time seemed to stop for a while, disbelief evident in his features. He took a moment to study the man in front of him, whose maybe in the mid-thirties or so, more than decade older than Cade, his dark brown hair just starting to gray in the stubble around his mouth.

The man has a great face. Lines creased in all the right places, his eyebrows over his warm, intelligent eyes were naturally groomed, and from what Cade can see of the body, the guy might be a bit older but he definitely takes care of himself.

After giving Cade’s hand a firm, hard squeeze, the man didn’t let Cade’s hand go. The grasp remained fixed and stable. Cade gently took his hand back, forcing a smile on his face.

Cade knows exactly what the guy’s words meant. And frankly, he doesn’t have any idea what to do. It seemed like his brain froze and all of the sense inside him flew out, leaving him stunned, inaudible and looking like an idiot.

“I’m Lukas Wheeler. You’re father works for me. I have to commend you for making this party enjoyable for those oldies over there.” Lukas waved his hands toward the guests milling in their backyard.