She shook her head, eyes swelling with tears, "no honey, please just stay here."

With that, she ran out of my room, the same way my dad left minutes ago to see what the crashing sound was downstairs. I heard more crashing and things breaking.

I tried to block out the sounds until I heard a shout of pain. I knew it was my dad so I ran out, not caring that I was supposed to stay in my room. When I was at the foot of the stairs, I saw my mom holding my dad, crying as he lay still on the living room floor.

"Daddy!" I screamed. I was about to run towards them when something grabbed my hair from behind and pulled me back, roughly, throwing me to the wall near the stairs.

I screamed out as I lay there, tears streaming down my face.

"No! Don't touch her!" My mother screamed as she got up to run towards me when the bad man took out a gun and shot her.

"Mommy!" I cried.

"Shut up!" The man turned to me, pointing the gun towards me.

I bit my lip, stifling my cries. I tried to crawl back into the wall like as if I could magically go through it.

I looked straight at his face. His rugged face covered with scars was the last thing I saw before he pulled the trigger.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I suddenly bumped into someone.

I was shocked because it's been awhile since I bumped into anyone or anything.

"Watch where you're going!" A voice hissed at me. The voice was deep and yet husky, it would've sounded nice if mystery man didn't sound like an ass.

I looked up towards his voice with a cold expression, "how about you watch where you're going?"

Suddenly I was shoved against the wall, his hand around my throat, "you watch it, little girl, I can make your life a living hell."

I glared coldly at him, "trust me, it already is."

I grabbed his wrist, kneed him in the gut and twisted his arm around, painfully, "now listen here and listen closely, you do not touch me again or I swear I'll make your life a living hell."

I shoved him away from me and headed straight to class. Stupid jerk.

Ryder POV

I watched her walk away from me as I rubbed the arm that she twisted. Who the hell is she?

"Ryder!" A hand smacked down hard on my back. I turned my head and saw Jake smiling at me, widely, "man, you should've seen this chick, she is hot!"

I rolled my eyes, shaking my head, "Jake, nearly every girl with an ass and tits are hot to you."

He shrugged, "true but I'm serious, man, her friends are also smoking hot."

I held up my hand, "not now, man. We need to grab our schedule, where's Derrick?"

"He went to hit on the chicks I was talking about," he grinned widely.

I chuckled, "of course, he is. Why did I even bother asking? Alright, lets head to the office and maybe we'll pass by him and just drag him with us along the way."

"Alrighty then! Lets roll!" he shouted as he started jumping around and spinning at the same time.

I shook my head at his excited form. Maybe I should not have given him coffee this morning... but then that would mean I would have to deal with the cranky side of him so... yea, I'm good.