Connecticut

Chapter 1: Connecticut
Chrystal Jackson

I was in my dorm room that I shared with my room mate Asia. Yes that's right, I'm at my college Yale. It's been great here and I'm about to graduate valedictorian. I'm so excited. But as of right now I'm in my dorm waiting for Asia to get back. My phone rung and I saw it was Lucas.

"Hey Luca." I said smiling.

"Hey baby girl. How you doing?" Lucas asked me.

"I'm good. Waiting for Asia so we can go get something before my class." I told him.

"Okay. You ready to graduate?" He asked me.

"Yes I finally got that B up to an A. It was hard with all the extra credit but I did it. Plus graduating valedictorian." I told him.

" I proud of you. And so am I. I have to give a speech and I'm nervous." He said and laughed.

"I know. But what are we gonna do about that. Because your graduation is 2 days before mine." I told him getting worried that we wouldn't be able to go to each other's graduation.

"Don't worry baby. My plan is that I fly you out here, go to my graduation and on that same night we fly back to Connecticut together. I hope it works though." He said and I sighed.

Asia came and waved at me. I smiled and got up putting on my sandals and we left out the dorm room. We drove to Starbucks and since Asia is from Connecticut she had her car.

"Yeah I hope it works too. I would hate to miss it plus not seeing you for 4 years." I told him and he sighed.

"I know."

"Hi, what can I get you?" The cashier asked me.

"A passion fruit tea and lemon cake please." I said.

"Where you at?" "Starbucks love." I told him.

"Together or separate?" "Separate please." I said and paid for myself.

"Look at you being independent. You don't do that when I'm around." Lucas said and I laughed.

"That's because you're supposed to spoil me." I told him and he laughed. "Is that right?"

"Yes it is." I said and mouthed a thank you and grabbed what I ordered.

Asia and I went back to the college and went back to our dorm. I looked at the time and it was about time for me to go to class.

"Luca.." I said.

"Yes Chryssy?" He answered.

"I have to go to class in a little while but I'll call you back at 6 yeah?" I told him.

"Alright. Be good, answer questions, write down everything you need to know. Pay attention." He said and I laughed.

"I will." "Oh Chrys?"

"Yes Lucas?" I answered.

"I love you." He said and I smiled. "I love you too." I told him.

I hung up and got ready to go to class.