"Is this it?" Chris asks and I nod, stepping out and walking over to the closed door. Putting the code in, the door raises slowly, revealing the gorgeous piece of machinery.

"Damn, would you look at that," Merle says as they walk over carrying the bags of stuff.

I open the drivers seat to be met with that new car smell. The rest of them pile in, leaving  two seats in the back available and a bench in the far back. I make my way to the back and lift the bench, seeing a few pillows, blankets, stacks of amo boxes, three pistols and three machine guns.

I go back to the front and turn the key that was already in the ignition.

~~~~~~~~~

We pull up to the house that Merle gave me directions to. A guy with a crossbow is loading up a run down truck with a motorcycle in the back. We get out as Lydia and Chris stay in the truck.

"Took ya long enough. Who are these people," the guy grunts, motioning to us, obviously not happy Merle brought company.

"These are friends of mine," he answers as the man eyes me up and down.

I shift uncomfortably under his gaze, keeping my face stony and emotionless.

"We aren't friends," I grunt with a glance at Merle, returning my stare to the guy in front of me. I'm not gonna lie, he is pretty handsome, but probably to me only.

"I'm Daryl," he states as his eyes lock with mine.

"Natalia Patrova. You can call me Natalie," I state back, straightening up my posture. His eyes go to the bow in my hand and he nods to it.

"So Natalie, you a bow girl?" he asks, leaning against the truck. I nod as he admires my bow.

"Yeah," I tell him as I whistle for Chris and Lydia to come out. Lydia was already peeping her head out the window. They step out of the truck and walk over.

"Hellooo, you look like your having a rough day." Lydia smiles at this Daryl guy and pats his cheek like he's a child, even though he looks like someone who could easily snap a neck. I do a double take at her and roll my eyes.

She can never take anything seriously.

"Lydia, I'm pretty sure everyone is having a bad day. The world has ended." I tell her shaking my head.

"Nah. I'm just fine."He grunts and pushes away her hand, continuing to load stuff with the help of Chris.

"So princess, how do ya know my brother?" he asks me in a deep southern drawl. I scrunch my eyebrows at him calling me 'princess'.

"Don't call me that, my name is Natalie. And he is my trainer," I respond to him, shifting my weight.

"Princess is the nickname I'm givin you. You just seem all proper n shit," he tells me and I gawk with a sneer at his rudeness. "So you're the chick that he was tellin me bout. Let me see what you can do," Daryl adds, leaning against the truck, an arrogant smirk on his face. I nod.

"Very well. Lydia, stand here, still," I tell her and she walks over slowly to the side of the house, pressing her back against it.

I take out three knifes, twirling one in my hand. Taking a deep breath, I throw it, landing right beside her face. I throw the other two in the same proximity, not harming her once.

She walks back over, handing me back my knives.

"Impressive," Daryl says with a nod. I smirk at him.

"So, um. Where to now?" Chris asks.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hello," Lydia repeats once more in Daryl's ear as she leans from the back seat up to his face.

Daryl refused to sit in the back with her since he considered her "annoying", and for good reason.

He had refused to answer Chris' earlier question as to where we were going. Lydia wouldn't take, "You'll see when we get there," as an answer, so she decided to keep saying "hello" until she was answered.

"Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hel-"

"Turn right," Daryl demands unaffected. I turn the car to the right onto yet another empty road.

"Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hel..."

I could feel my eye start to twitch and my teeth bared. Lydia was driving me insane along with everyone else.

I stole a glance over at Daryl. He was looking out the window with his chin on his palm, looking rather bored. If it wasn't for the vein throbbing on his forehead, you might think that he couldn't hear Lydia.

"Hello. Hello. Hello. Hel-"

"SHUT UP!"

Everyone in the car yelled at once. For the first time in the whole car ride of about over an hour and a half, Lydia finally shut up and Daryl looked ready to punch something.

"Well then where are we going?!" Lydia cried out.

Daryl spun around in his seat to glare at Lydia.

"You will see..." he began but Lydia opened her mouth to retort. Daryl slammed his hand over it, much to everyone's surprise, and continued,

"... when we get there."

She went to bite his hand but he pulled away just in time and went back to staring out his window absentmindedly.

Lydia did the same with a pouty face and her arms crossed.

The car remained silent for a minute or two. Through the rearview mirror I saw Chris give Lydia a little nudge with his elbow.

"Hey Lydia."

"Hm?"

"Thanks for shutting up."

~~~~~~~
Ooohh, Daryl Dixon has made his appearance!!

As you see, him and Lydia are already at each other's throats.

Stay tuned for the next chapter!

Vote. Comment. Follow.

Love y'all!

-Katdixon6