Chapter 8

"Ugh, finally I don't have to be with stinky-shirt Christopher anymore," Lance says, stretching his arms and taking the blanket off of him. Lance, only in boxers, goes inside the bathroom. I, on the other hand, am packing all my clothes, sighing as I realize this will be my last encounter with an actual vacation unless Megan plans another one soon.

    I take out the white shirt with the sign of the cruise ship. It feels a size too big on me, though. We have to wear it to see the dolphin show later today with Megan. I quickly change into it, not bothering to go inside the bathroom since Lance is already inside of it. The bathroom door opens just as I finish pulling the shirt on top of me.

    While Lance stares at my shirt, I cover my chest with my arms. "Hey, watch where you're looking," I say. He immediately reaches for the collar of my shirt and glares at me.

    "This is my shirt you idiot," he says, not letting the fabric go.

"No it's not! Megan gave this one to me," I tell him. "Also, wear a shirt, please." I try my best not to look at his chest.

"This shirt is too big on you," Lance says, trying to prove it's his shirt. "You accidentally or on purpose took my shirt to test my patience right? Since we do have the same backpacks and the same shirts, all is possible."

"I'm telling you this is my shirt!" I scream. Lance suddenly aims for me, his hands on my shoulders. I keep backing up until I hit the sofa and drop on top of it with Lance's bare chest on top of me. Lance's head motions forward to my face from the sudden downfall. He tries to stop his face from colliding into mine. His left hand goes past my ear and onto the back of the sofa to stop his break. Lance's lips are one millimeter away from mine. We stare into each other's eyes for what I think is a few seconds but feels like eternity. His gaze shifts to something behind me, of what I can't see. He grabs whatever it is and finally steps away from the sofa.

"You're so stupid," he laughs. "The shirt was on the sofa."

He throws the shirt to me and steps out of the room.

~~~

"Why aren't you answering me?" I whine.

    "Get off your lazy ass and help me out, will you?" Travis glares at me, motioning to the boxes filled with all his furniture. He's planning on living out on his own and trying it all out which is why he called me over to visit his new house. He definitely expected me to help him. Plus, the cruise is over so what business am I running, really, not being able to help out a friend?

    "Not until you tell me who your girlfriend is," I say stubbornly. He sighs and sits down on the chair opposite from me.

    "Do you know Kacey?"

    "Duh." I mean, how could I not? We go to the same school.

    "Her sister, Silvia, is my girlfriend," he says.

    "She has a sister? I never knew that!"

    "She's adopted by her family," Travis explains, standing up. "Now, please help."

    Silvia is adopted by Kacey's family? How come I've never heard of that? I wonder if Lance knows this. I mean, he was Kacey's boyfriend at one point.

    "Silvia has been rubbing off on you, hasn't she?" I ask. "You sound a whole lot more mature now."

    "Can we not?" He sounds stressed.

    "Fine." Only because I'm a great friend.

    For the next few hours, we work on setting the house up. I'm busy trying to keep everything organized while Travis just throws the furniture wherever is space. Then I have to pick it up and place it somewhere.