Part Eleven: Silly ideas or just goodbyes?

PART Eleven: Silly ideas or just goodbyes?

NEIL slumped next where she was seated, giving her a warning glare. “So’ you’re saying nangpang-abot kayo ni Julie sa kanila, and knowing you, you must have talked to her…” he silently accused, matter of factly.

                ‘Tss! Sabi ko na nga ba’t masesermonan ako, eh!’

                “She’s the one who wanted to talk to me. Pinagbigyan ko lamang siya…” she shamelessly defended herself, cutely batting her eyelashes para ma-distract  ito’t hindi tuluyang magalit.

                Kasalukuyan na sila noong nasa balcony ng bahay. Doon niya napiling magpahangin matapos mag-hapunan. And as usual ay doon nag-dinner ang nobyo. After their secret relationship had been revealed, the family accepted him without hesitation. Open arms kung baga. Well, except one single soul.

                Rica was okay with Neil’s personality, she often laugh with his silly corny lame jokes. But he being her boyfriend was a different topic. The ever loyal Team Rick she is.

                Neil was not a bit bothered by it, claiming he’s more handsome than her close friend. Argh, men and their bloated airheads!

                “H’wag ka magpa-cute diyan, ah!” she innocently tugged on the hem of her long pambahay duster.

                “Hindi ako nagpapa-cute diyan, ah!”

                “Please, Love, don’t distract me… galit ako dito!” he said mimicking what she blurted earlier.

                “Huh, you copy cat!” she dramatically retorted. Pigil ang paghulagpos ng impit na tawa sa kaniyang lalamunan.

                “At least gwapo!” she audibly grunted at that. He shot her another warning glance. “Come on, tell me what you talked about…”

                “Ayaw!” she stubbornly pouted, crossing her legs comfortably in the sitting coach.

                “Tsk! Matigas talaga ang ulo mong suplada ka. Sabing ‘wag makikipagkita sa kaniya’y sinuway pa ang utos ko.”

                “Okay, you really wanna know?”

                “Yup!” he immediately answered.

                “But there’s a catch…” pailalim niya itong pinagmasdan… taking in his full view, her eyes landing on his full lush lips. That distracted her more than anything else around them.

                “So, anong kundisyon?”

                “Hah?” that snapped her out of her not so innocent thoughts…

                “Sabi ko anong kundisyon para sabihin mo kung ano ang pinag-usapan niyo ni Julie,” pag-ulit nito sa sinabi ng hindi man lamang nahalata ang pag-space out niya somewhere in Planet Venus.

                “Sabihin mo sa akin kung bakit kayo naghiwalay almost 10 months ago!” tuwid ang tingin at walang kakurap-kurap na aniya.

                He uncomfortably shifted in his seat. “Gusto mo talagang malaman? Walang sisihan?”

                “Just tell me!” she snapped yet in a calm throaty voice.

                “’Kay!”

IT was one hellish Friday night for Neil. The hazardous loads of things to do at work, but it doesn’t keep him from going home. Being apart from his wife for almost two weeks had been a physical torture.