Chapter Ten

You felt someone gently grab your hands, and pull them away from your face. Your eyes were clenched, afraid to see what Jack's expression was. "Y/N," he said, "please open your eyes. You're not in trouble." You did as told, expecting to see a slightly angry expression on Jack's face, but only to see a sweet smile spread across it. "Thank you," he quietly said. "Now," he began, "why didn't you listen to me? You could've been seriously injured." You just looked at him, and instantly looked to the ground, feeling terrible for disobeying Mr. McLoughlin.

"I....I don't know. I guess I just wanted to have fun," you responded, sounding slightly more scared than intended. Without either of you noticing, a song by Maroon 5 had started to play from your phone. This song, however, was more inappropriate than innocent. When you two finally noticed the song playing, the worst lyrics were sang by Adam Levine in the song. "Sit on top of me, yelling out my fucking name. Until I'm empty." Your face went blank, and you began to feel slightly sick.

    Jack had a concerned, yet embarrassed, expression plastered on his face. "Y-Y/N? Are you okay? You're looking a bit pale...." He spoke with concern tied into his voice. He got up from his chair, and stood in front of you. Jack brought his hand to your face, touching your forehead to check your temperature. His hand was soft and warm, which made you feel relaxed.

    "At least he's not focused on the song lyrics....That could get me in serious trouble."

    The sick feeling began to disappear, making the colour come back in your face. Jack looked relieved that you were okay, but instantly started to blush.