62 - The Only Reason

Comenzar desde el principio

"She loved you too."

"Yeah, loved." I say almost sarcastically but I meant it.

"I love Dahlia..." He frowns.

"I told you that you were stupid," I mutter while still staring at the video still unplayed.

"SO ARE YOU."

"Shut up."

"Play the damn video before I punch you again." He teases, but he might just do it.

I look up at him, "I-I don't know."

He presses play.

I look at him for a second before looking at the video. I watch her kiss him. That hurt. I watch him back away. And then I see her tear up while explaining everything. She looks so broken. They stand up. Aaron tells her he has to leave. She kisses him again and soon after that, he's gone. And then I watch her break.

She broke completely. She cared for him. He obviously was confused when she kissed him. She didn't cheat.

I stare at the video. It's over but it still has a picture of Maya crying there. I can't believe what I did. I've ruined everything.

"She kissed Aaron?!"

"She wanted to see if it was worth it."

"He looked shocked."

"Yeah." I say sounding a bit shaky.

"Oh man what if Dahlia moves on and I'm alone forever."

"I don't freaking care! Dali loves you. She can get over it! Maya will never come back to me! She hates me." I drop my phone onto the couch.

"Yeah she probably does."

"At least Dali is more forgiving. Maya isn't. We all know that."

"She loves you though, you could try to fix things. You need to start TODAY though."

"How?"

"GO TELL HER YOU LOVE HER AND YOURE STUPID AND MADE A MISTAKE!"

I stare at the floor.

"Go."

"I can do this," I reassure myself. I then look at Calum, "I can't do this."

"You're so dramatic."

"No I'm just an idiot. Might as well be American."

"Go get her back, American Idiot."

I take a deep breath, "Okay. I'm gonna go. Right now." I stand up and leave.

Maya's POV

I hear a knock on the door. I open it to see the one and only, Luke Hemmings. "What the heck are you doing here?"

He tries to step inside; its pitch black out. Since its nighttime.

I push him back, "I don't want you here."

"No Maya please."

"Why did you come? You want your stuff?"

"Yeah. You."

I roll my eyes, "You came for me?"

"Y-yes." He shivers, but it's not cold outside.

My heart is beating faster and faster. I can't have feelings for him. "Why? We aren't together. It's not like you can just come to my house whenever it feels right."

"I love you."

I stare at him in shock. I go to say something, I'm not sure what, but nothing comes out. It's like I can't speak anymore.

"I love you." He steps forward.

My whole body starts shaking, "Y-you can't."

He touches my cheek, "I will ALWAYS love you."

I put my hand on top of his. "But you hurt me."

He looks down, "I know."

"Everything's ruined."

"We can fix it."

I look into his eyes, "No we can't. It hurts Luke!" I point to my heart. "It hurts so much that sometimes I'd rather it just stop beating. How do you fix something torn apart? Why would you fix it?"

He puts his hands on my shoulders and runs them down my arms, "Because it's worth fixing."

My eyes are tearing up. "Are we really worth fixing?"

"Y-yes. Of course we are." He pulls out his phone, "Look, I'm not the only one who thinks so." He shows me the screen. Looks like a video of me explaining the breakup to Aaron got leaked. The fans started a hashtag, '#KeepLayaStrong'.

A tear falls, "I don't even know why you love me."

"Because you make me happier than any other person. Because when I'm not with you a bit of me aches. Because I need you."

"How do I know that's true? How do I know you aren't just trying to repair your reputation?"

"What? What do you mean Maya?"

I take a step back, "What if this is all just you trying to look like a good guy to the fans? Are you just trying to fix your reputation since you're getting oh so famous?"

"No! This is for me and me only. I don't need you to boost my popularity!"

"I'm sure management is enjoying this." I roll my eyes.

He looks offended and takes a step back.

"Yeah it hurts doesn't it! Being accused of something you didn't do." I cross my arms.

"Just let me in Maya."

"Fine." I push the door open.

"Thank you." He breathes a sigh of relief.

I push the door closed and lean against it. "Luke, are you sure you really love me?"

"Yes!"

"Because I make you FEEL good? Is that all I am to you? And honestly, is that the only reason you loved me?" I shake my head.

"Stop it! Don't you know you're the only reason I live?"

END OF BOOK 1