Trusting Him- Chapter One

Chapter one

It was a cold wintry morning, you know those mornings' you-really-don't-want-to-get-out-of-bed-because-you-know-your-going-to-be-cold mornings. After mentally debating how much longer until I really had to get out of bed I figured I could enjoy the warmth for three and a half more minutes. Might as well enjoy it while I can, I thought to myself. For the next three and a half minutes I soaked in as much warmth as I possibly could before I slowly dragged the blankets off my body. Cold air swarmed all around me threatening me back to my safe haven of warmth. I trudged on. I finally found the red shirt I wanted to wear with my favorite pair of dark skinny jeans. I grabbed a pair of nice black flats with a bow on the toes.

I continued with my morning routine by going into the bathroom to do my makeup and brush my teeth. It wasn't until after I was done brushing my teeth I realized I had grabbed my mom's toothbrush! Gross!  I gulped down some water trying to forget about what I had just put in my mouth. I continued on with my morning routine by doing my makeup.  It wasn't until I started putting on my eye shadow that I realized I accidentally took my mom's foundation which is two shades darker than me. I took off my makeup and made sure I got the right foundation before putting it on again. I messed my mascara up because I put too much on so when I blinked it got black all over my eyelid. Than I accidently poked myself in the eye with the eyeliner.

I made my lunch, grabbed my school books, and left for school. I go to a private school called Christian Crusader High. It is a small school compared to public schools, there is only about seven hundred people. But to me, it's a pretty big school. It is the first day of my first year at Christian Crusader High School, I used to go to another private school called Longview Christian, and it consisted of about two hundred kids.

When I left I left all of my friends, friends I had known since diaper days. I wish I hadn't had to leave them, but I really had no other choice. I can't "Eat the cake and have it too".  I wanted to leave my small school and experience high school, but I didn't want to lose the Christian environment that I was in. I didn't want to have to worry about seeing a fight where a boy would have facial reconstruction on, like I might have seen if I were in a public school. Two of my friends go to public school, whenever I said I wanted to go to public they simply said "Eva, you wouldn't survive a day. Someone would probably cuss at you and you would go cry." I would always reply "Kris, (or Elaine) that's so untrue! I get cussed at all the time!" which is only partly true, it wasn't all the time.

After saying goodbye to all my friends, I found that I really didn't fit in at all at my new school. No one talked to me and the teachers were tough. I would have loads of homework every day and I would always need help with my English.

I am not perfect.

 It was another rainy day, but I guess that's what you learn to expect when you live in Washington, it is very rarely sunny unless it's in the summer of course, then it's just the right temperature.  I was leaving the main building to go to my smaller math class where I had a little extra help, not like I am stupid or anything, but just where there are fewer kids and the teacher can spend more one-on-one time with you. As I walked out the double doors of the school I held my folder up to shield myself from the pounding rain drops that seemed to surround me. I car drove by just then and sprayed me with water. I was drenched from head to toe. I thought that only happened in movies! Great just great, drenched from head to toe in the middle of the day! I thought to myself.

I continued to walk to my math class when some boy ran straight into me and knocked all my books to the ground, of course they had to fall in a deep rain puddle.

"Oh, uh sorry about that...." The boy said uncomfortably. He looked like a nerd. He had long, black, greasy hair. He had big rounded glasses and acne covered his face, he wore a light blue button up shirt with some light brown kakis