Chapter 15: Missed My Stop

Weeks have passed since the "incident." As I like to call it. I would feel the eyes of the guys on me, but when I turn around, the were gone. Soon they started to not attend school time to time, until they didn't went to school at all.

Lots of people have noticed, but didn't worried. This happened all the time. Usually after gang fights or laying low from the police, the guys would skip school and hang out somewhere else. Normally, I would have never cared about whether or not they came to school. But that was before I knew them.

Did they skip school because of me? Did they feel guilty every time they pass me in the hallway?

Nah, I doubt that.

There's no way the Big Four will actually be intimidated my little old me. Intimidated. Is that even the right word to use? Four bad boys would be intimidated by a good girl scared of her own shadow? Okay, I'm not actually scared of my own shadow, but you get the point. I'm a shrimp compared to the guys, they can squish me like a bug.

I was never the type to hold a grudge. Either I forgive or I forget. No literally. I can never hold a grudge. I either already forgave the person, or I forgot that I was suppose to hold a grudge on them in the first place. But in some cases when the person something reall unforgivable, I'll make an exception of holding a grude. You shall feel the wrath of Autumn, Autumn Griffin.

I chuckled at the thought.

"Something in your mind?" Brooke asked me.

I shook my head. "No, just remembering a... joke I heard a while ago, yeah, that's it."

Brooke rolled her eyes. "You seriously should learn how to lie, Autumn."

I scoffed. "I know how to lie."

Brooke looked right at me with a straight face. "If you held the secret to save the world, and a bunch of agents interrogate it for you. You'd either come up with the most gigantic, hilarious lie known to man or just wet yourself."

"Nuh uh." Was the only thing I can say as a comeback.

"Okay then, lie to me."

I opened my mouth trying to think of something, so I blurted out the first thing that came to mind. "The make up you're wearing isn't covering that huge pimple at the middle of your forehead. I even bet Isaac was staring at it the whole time you guys were talking."

Brooke eyes widened. "That's not a lie! Way to go to make me even more insecure than I ever was." She cried, putting her hands to her face looking like she was about to cry.

"No! That was a lie! That pimple is not even noticible. I had to stare at your face a really long time to notice it!" I assured her, trying to calm her down.

Brooke gracefully flipped her hair, letting out a chuckle. She wasn't crying at all! I can't believe I was gullible enough to fall for that.

"Oh Autumn, Autumn, Autumn. You have much to learn to become a master liar like I."

"I could lie if-" I said, standing up to give me courage.

"Don't you dare say from Wikihow."

"Never mind then," I said, awkwardly sitting back down.

Brooke smiled and suggested, "Maybe you could ask one of the guys to teach you how to lie, especially Dean and Luis. They're always the ones who come up the excuses for the Big Four, part of their job I heard."

"No." I said with more force than I intended to.

She blinked. "What?"

"What?"

"Don't play dumb Autumn. What happened between you guys?"

"Nothing." I said, getting back to my work. Why does study hall have to be so long?

I was getting tired of denying all the questions my friends throw at me. I'm getting sick and tired of it. Why, besides the point it's annoying? Because I can't tell them! Do you know how frustrating it is not telling your friends anything? When you promise someone you won't tell anyone their secret, your best friend doesn't count.

Days went by and my friends slowly stopped questioning me about the Big Four. On the bright side, I didn't have to stop trying to change the subject. Because who would want to begin talking about the Big Four and steer it to something else like school or pandas. I don't know why but I've been having a strange obsession of changing the subjects to pandas.

Racism is not in a panda's vocabulary. They're black, white and Asian.

I knew for one thing that Luis would love to hear that. I bit my lip, why did I think of that? In the past few weeks they've been on my mind. It's my fault isn't it? I was the one who freaked out. I was the one who told them to stay away from me. I should be the one apologizing.

And I'm so sad. For the past few weeks I've been becoming depressed. My friends noticed, but didn't press on knowing it must be something to do with the guys. My grades have been slightly dropping to a B, once even a B-. I haven't been socializing as much, not being the Autumn I was, even skipping meals saying I was on my time of the month.

I pressed my forehead on my locker. Did they really mean that much to me?

"Hey."

I turned to see Brooke. She looked as fabulous as ever, but for some reason she didn't wore her usual smile. For the past days she hasn't been using that smile as often as she always did.

"Hi," I replied.

"Autumn, we need to talk."

"About what?"

"The Big Four."

I tensed at the words.

"What do you want to know?"

"It's not what I want to know," Brooke said with a slight pause. "It's what you should need to know."

I blinked, trying to understand her words. "What do you mean?"

"Autumn, a blind man could see what's happening. No offense to the blind."

I managed a wry smile.

"Something between you and the guys happened. And I'm not going to ask you what happened, that's only between the five of you. I understand."

I opened my mouth to say something but she held up her hand.

"Let me finish." She told me. "Sometimes best friends should know the line on what they need to know, and what they should know. And I get that."

I hugged the life out of her. She understands, I'm so glad.

"And whoever's fault it was, one of you need to make the move and apologize. I don't know if you can accept it Autumn, but their a part of you now. They're your friends, whether you like it or not. And you were never, ever the type to hold a grudge. So go to them."

My voice cracked. "How? They're gone. They haven't been here for weeks."

"Just wait. I know they'll find you. They always do."

I wanted to say something, but I choked back a sob. And there I stood, hugging my best friend in the hallway. Crying my eyes out about something should have realized weeks ago.

I need to find them.

I planned to start my search next week. But in the mean time, I should rehearse what I should say. It's a typical Saturday afternoon, and the whole time I was staying cooped up in my bedroom.

I paced around my room. "Dear Big Four, I apologize for-" I crumpled up the paper and tossed it behind me. "To formal."

"Yo dawgs, long time no see my homies. I just wanna-" I ripped it into two and threw it away. "No comment."

"For it was thou fault that-" I groaned and slammed it on my table. "What is thou problem with thyself?"

I massaged my temples, I've been doing this last night and afternoon. But I can't find the best way to apologize to those guys. It's not because of my pride or anything. It just that I have no clue what I should say. Most times I apologize for little things like I'm sorry for eating the last cookie or for not being able to meet you at the movies. But never for this.

I'm really sorry for freaking out when I saw that gun and drugs.

I sighed and plopped backwards on my bed. I decided that I should clear my head for bit. Take a walk, maybe a jog around the area. Get my mind together, and I'll try again later. I changed into comfortable clothes, of a simple t-shirt and shorts. I grabbed my phone and earplugs and left the room.

"I'm going out for a while, mom," I announced to my mother.

"Good," she said. "I was worried you were going to stay in your room the whole weekend."

"Well no need to worry anymore," I told her as I slipped into my shoes.

My brother was eating lunch in the kitchen table, already watching his Minecraft videos. He's going to grow up as one of those obsessed gamer boys who would live in his mother's basement. Mom, good luck.

"Be back before curfew," she told me. "And if you can't make it, be sure to call first."

"Okay!" And I left the house.

I put on my earplugs and put the music on shuffle. I walked around the area, my hands in my pockets as I hummed to the music. I'm planning to maybe walk in a park, a peaceful place for me to get my thoughts together. It's only a short distance away, I only have to take the bus and will be there in a couple of stops.

As I sat in the bus, I imagine things will be like old times soon. The guys and I will share the same laughs again, we'll hang out like we always do. The thought put a smile on my face. I only wish I haven't done this sooner, way sooner.

But the problem still was where I could find them. There not going back to school any time soon. They are probably still guilty or for some other reason. I've been asking around where they usually hang out when they skip school. But no one knows, it's pretty much a mystery where they go.

Maybe they have a hang out of some sort. Or like a secret base where they do their gang stuff. Maybe like a secret lair like the bat cave or something.

I snorted. Get real, Autumn.

A yawn escaped my lips. I didn't get much sleep last night when I tried to write down ways for me to apologize to the guys. And because of the English essay that's extra credit, not that I need it. My eyes began to droop, the music started to become slower. I looked out the window, it's only just a few more stops until I have to get off. So I guess it's fine if I'd close by eyes for a bit...

I snorted awake. I looked around and remembered I was in the bus. But strange enough I felt like I was tickled but no one was near me on the bus. I shook the thought away and looked out the window. I did a double take at what was outside. I quickly got off the bus and looked around my surroundings.

Where am I?

I have no clue where I am. It was getting dark, I guess around five or six. There was graffiti on buildings, trash scattered in the sidewalk and a homeless man was snoring on a bench. That's when I realized I was literally in the wrong side of town. I don't recognize this place, I probably missed my stop hours ago.

I wanted to repeatedly hit my head against the wall. How can I be so stupid?

"Don't panic, Autumn." I told myself. "The last thing I need is to start running around in panic."

I pulled out my phone only to find it dead.

Okay. Now you can start panicking.

I have no money, no phone, and no clue where I am.

There was no one on the streets to talk to, nice ones I mean. I looked at the snoring man on the bench, don't take your chances Autumn.

Stores were already closed at this hour, probably for their own safety in this bad neighborhood.

Oh God, I'm going to die here. Yes, I'm the perfect person to come to for comfort.

That's when someone passed right in front of me. He seemed about my age, and decent looking. I blinked and wanted to face palmed myself.

"Hey! Could I borrow your-"

But he was already gone. I panicked (I know I promised myself not to panic but sue me) he was my only chance to get home. I followed the direction he was walking, turning a sharp corner.

When I turned the corner I only caught a glimpse of his foot a he entered into an alley.

Let me see. Enter a dark alleyway following a random guy who may help me unless he has something else in mind?

I shrugged, I'll take my chances.

I cautiously followed behind him, but when I peeked into the alley. He was gone. I lost him. I can't believe it, I lost my chance to go home.

But that was when I saw a door in the alley opening slightly by itself. Did he go through there? I walked over to the door. I opened it wide open, only to find a dark corridor.

I hesitated, should I go in? but before I could decide, I felt a rough push that made me stumble through the doorway. I turned just to see the door automatically shut in front of me. Jiggling the knob, I knew it was locked.

I sighed and faced the dark corridor before me. I guess I have no choice but to see where this would lead me. who knew this would happen to me in a typical Saturday.

With my hands guiding me into the darkness, I wandered through the corridor. I was careful to have one hand on the wall as I walked blindly. I finally reached a wall in front of me and I searched until I found a doorknob. I took a huge breath and opened the door.

My hand searched the wall and I found a switch. With a flick of the switch, the room came to life.

It was a huge room. no not a room, it looked more like a house. There were three doorways one entered not the list room, the next the kitchen and the last probably the bedrooms. The whole place itself was fascinating. Why would this high class apartment, condo even be in this side of town?

I took a step forward and felt something crumple under my food was a bag of chips. I looked around and realize even if this place looked like livable, it was actually a bit of a dump. There was trash everywhere. Whoever lived here does not know what clean means.

Speaking of which...

"Hello?" I called out. "Is anyone here?"

To my disappointment no one answered. Maybe no one was home. But that was until I heard the sound of TV blaring, a shower running, and someone rummaging in the fridge. So there are people who are actually able to live here.

I decided to try again. "I'm sorry to barge in but-"

The running water turned off and I heard a door slam shut. Whoever that was was coming to my direction with wet footsteps.

"Someone better have a good reason for making me get out of the shower." The person growled, obviously pissed off.

The TV turned off and I heard a creak of the floorboards like someone was getting up. I heard a can being kicked away.

"Speak for yourself." A voice called out. "I was in a middle of a great dream." And I heard a large yawn.

And from the kitchen I heard what seemed to be a fridge door closing. Something must have dropped because a voice cursed in frustration.

"No one can just disrupt me from my snack time you know." Someone said but it was muffled like they were eating something.

I backed up. Three guys, and they sound mad because of me. I should get out of there before they realize a girl is in the same place as them. I turned but smashed into what seemed like a wall. I tumbled backwards, but caught my footing before I would crash onto the dirty floor.

One by one someone entered the room. Luis came in running his fingers through his wet hair wearing nothing but a towel. When he saw me he immediately tightened the towel around his waist. Cyrus came in in the middle of a yawn and he rubbed his eye with messy bed hair. His eyes widened showing his eyes were bright blue orbs and quickly shut his mouth. Dean came in with a sandwich in his mouth and carrying a bunch if snacks in his arms. His jaw dropped and it fell onto the floor.

I was frozen in fear. "I- I."

I turned and saw what I bumped into was Wyatt himself. He stood there with his arms crossed and hiding a surprised look on his face.

"Oh, cheese balls."

I'm back baby! And with an awesome chapter like this. leaves you with a cliffhanger! Who hoo!

I've missed It All Started with a Jacket! I was so happy when I wrote this. And if you read my coming soon, Missed My Stop you'll see the chapter is named after it. Be sure to check it my coming soon books Rubix Cubers!

I finished this chapter on my mom's phone since I don't have an iPhone. Yet. I never liked writing on the phone, doesn't seem official you know.

Oh and I'm thinking of being a panda for Halloween. Wish me bamboo, I mean luck!

Adios Cubers!

RubixCube89201