Chapter 7: Not A Threat

"Rae Evans you're being put under 24 hour arrest, please come quietly or we will be forced to use weapons."

I rolled my eyes at the two guards in front of me, "you'd shoot a teenager?"

They looked at each other before nodding, "we have our orders."

"Please don't make me call your bluff." I groaned, running a hand through my hair.

Maybe I should back track for a bit here, you see I was now a wanted human for a very simple reason...

It started about three hours ago, Clarke had discovered a shit ton of grounders in cages among whom was Anya, renowned grounder leader reduced to zoo monkey.

Needless to say, Clarke wanted out and to help the Mountain Men's new pets escape, and who else to provide the perfect distraction apart from yours truly?

I had immediately headed to the kitchen, while Clarke tried to figure out her escape route...

~

"Rae? What are you doing here?" Hayden asked, flour on her face from helping her mum out in the kitchen.

"Any chance of a full chocolate cake?"

"Well what for?" Hayden's mum, Cecelia, appeared behind me.

I froze slightly, "it's Monty's birthday." I lied smoothly, "I wanted to surprise him with his favourite, he's my stand-in best friend."

"Stand in?" Anne asked, raising a perfectly shaped brow.

"Jasper's too busy with his new romantic interest to even make much time to talk to me nowadays so Monty's my stand in best friend until Jasper can be bothered to remember me." I explained, "not that I don't love Monty because I do but Jasper and I were like Harry & Hermione from that movie Harry Potter.

"Monty's Ron." I added as an afterthought.

Hayden looked at me confused.

"Don't tell me they don't have Harry Potter in this god forsaken mountain?" I exclaimed, my mouth dropping in bewilderment.

Both Hayden and her mum shook their heads.

"Oh my days, I can't believe this. I am definitely having a word with the council." I muttered before exhaling loudly. "Anyway, cake?"

"You're in luck, I do actually have a few extra." Anne said, gesturing to a rack of cooling cakes, among which was a beautiful chocolate cake.

"That's perfect." I grinned, "thanks Cecelia."

Hayden placed the cake on a china plate, placing a plastic cover over it, and I set back out again, this time heading straight for the President's HQ.

A few guards were stood outside and I drew to a halt in front of them, nodding courteously.

"Is Cage Senior in?" I asked, "I wanted to apologise for my actions."

Nothing.

"I brought cake." I said with a sigh, holding the cake up by way of explanation.

Still nothing.

"I will literally blow you up I swear." I said, finally beginning to lose my temper.

"Raquelle." A voice sounded out from behind me, "I hope you aren't threatening my guards?"

I grit my teeth and spun around on my heel, "actually it wasn't a threat." I said, managing a smile.