Chapter 5 : Kissing The President.

"A plan, huh?" I asked, raising an eyebrow, before glancing around the room.

I realised that Señor President, also known as Dante Wallace, was surreptitiously staring at us from the corner of his eye and grabbed Clarke by the elbow, guiding her to a table out of immediate view.

"Spill." I said, giving the blonde a nod.

Clarke hesitated slightly before acquiescing. "It's Anya."

"What's Anya?"

"She's here." Clarke said slowly, "it's a longer story but I need your help getting out."

I sighed internally, why did it sound like I was going to end up doing something illegal?

"Of course you do, go on."

"I'm going to break my stitches," she gestured to her bandaged arm, "go the med unit and I'm going to sneak me, and Anya out through tunnels."

About a million and one questions rolled through my mind at once, the most prominent being what the fuck was even happening right now and so on.

"So you want me to what? Kiss the president and make sure he doesn't shoot you or something?" I smirked, "I can do that."

Clarke's lips twitched, and her eyes lit up, but my joke didn't make her laugh. That's how I knew she meant that she needed me to do whatever so she could get out, even kissing the President.

I harshly sucked in a breath, "damn. I really do gotta play all the older men, don't I?"

That one got a small laugh to fall softly from Clarke's lips as she shook her head.

"I sure missed your sense of humour Rae." She smiled.

I grinned, "you know me, I use humour to cover up the fact that I wanna jump of a bridge."

Clarke's warm smile dropped into something more serious, "Rae. You have to promise you'll look out for everyone when I'm gone."

My eyes widened, "Clarke I'm not a leader."

"No, you just don't think you are." She replied, "they'd follow you just as well as they'd follow me and Bellamy. You earned their respect, you're strong enough."

I faltered, looking around at the room full of people. Some guards, or members from the mountain families, but among them were the people I'd spent weeks with non stop, the people I'd begrudgingly begun to like, to.. feel for.

I shook my head, frowning. "I'm just a murderer who has a knack for getting into trouble and enjoys making sarcastic comments."

Clarke gently placed her hand over mine, "that's who you were. Now you're one of us, we're all like family now."

I felt my muscles tense and I pulled my hand away from Clarke's, standing up jerkily, "Look I'll help you out, just don't try and make me a saviour. That's not who I am."

I walked away, past the tables, ignored Monty's questioning shout, picked up a plate of cake and made for the door.

"Excuse me Miss, you can't take that out of here." A guard posted by the door said stoically, making it very clear that he had one hand on a gun.

I stared at it mutely, before nodding slowly. I turned around, held my plate in the air, catching President Wallace's eye.

"Mister President, I do mean to sound rude, and please feel free to take it the wrong way, but why in the heck can I not take cake back to my room?" I demanded loudly, causing the buzz of conversation to suddenly die out and for all eyes to turn to me.

"If you please Miss Evans..." Wallace replied, standing up, "This is the Mess Hall. Here is where we eat and enjoy each other's company. Together, so no one feels left out, or alone."

The dark haired man next to him, who Miller had told me was The President's son, opened his mouth to say something but was halted by his father's hand being placed almost menacingly on his shoulder.

I noted the movement and stored the information at the back of my mind before clearing my throat again.

"The thing is Sir, I don't actually enjoy people's company, the noise is giving me a headache, and I really want to eat my fucking cake in peace." I heard a tiny gasp, and my eyes flicked to a small child sat in a chair near me. I smiled, "my bad kiddo, I said a naughty word, didn't I?"

The little girl nodded.

I defiantly looked back up at Wallace Senior. "Maybe I should be sent to my room."

There was a hefty silence as President Douchebag and I stared at each other before he nodded. "Very well, let her go."

I nodded appreciatively, letting a smile graze my face. "Why thank you very much, enjoy your meal ladies and gentlemen." I nodded at the guard, and winked at the little girl before making my way out, and down the hallways to eventually flop down on my bed.

"Damn this is seriously good freakin' cake..." I mumbled out loud, closing my eyes and savouring the chocolatey taste.

I was halfway done when a hit of pain rolled through my body, causing me to drop my plate and let the fork go clattering to the floor as I let out a pained moan.

My head was searing and I felt my thoughts go cloudy as memories shot through.

"Tell us what you know about your Sky People." The familiar voice of the the brunette in charge of the people torturing me demanded.

"For the last fucking time, I don't know shit!" I cried, my body wracking with silent sobs.

"Lies! We have sentries everywhere, at all times. Tell us about your Bellamy Blake."

I let out another scream, feeling my throat burn as another burn was seared onto my neck.

"I don't know, please, I don't know what you want." I sobbed, pulling at the chains that bound me to no avail.

"Keep burning until she speaks. She knows more than she says."

I heard the familiar sound of metal on the fire, and felt my body instinctively try and yank away, squirming rashly.

"Help me, please someone help me..." I breathed, "Bellamy..."

---------------------------------------

I know, I know. I finally fucking uploaded, please don't shoot me... I also know this is short af, but filler idk <3