That's one amazing horse (chapter 2 )

Coda's POV

I stared at the horse at the top of the hill and then back, at the now empty trailer. I opened my mouth but nothing came out.

A boy, that came with us to watch the catching of the horses, stood there with his mouth open. Trying to say a coherent sentence didn't seem to be working for him.

" Uh . I . um . I . wait . what " Well he got further than I did.

I suddenly got an idea. I went to the back of the trailer, where my stallion ,Blaze, a black horse who was trained in old fashioned military.

I brought him out and got on him, ready to chance after the horse, to see where she and her herd went. After a long while of galloping, I could see her in the distance . Blimey she was one fast horse. Blaze obviously sensing the competition of a race, started to push himself even faster. That's one thing about blaze that I should tell you, he is one competitive horse. Now that I can tell you.

After a while, I noticed that the horse had begun to slow down, so I easily began to catch up a ith her. Suddenly as
if sensing that I was there, she spin around in a tight chicle, only to stop facing me. When she saw use she first looked at me, then straight at blaze. She snorted, poring at the ground, before arching her head and raising her neck high. Remaining like that, she reared back on her hind legs, thrashing her hooves in the air. Before landing on the ground with a thud, making the dry earth beneath her feet puff up in a cloud of dust around her. It was an amazing sight to be honest, with the sun low on the hills it made her seem almost magical.

In this time, we did not slow down. We continued to plunge towards her, with astonishing speed. Realising this, she once again spun and stormed off the clouds of dust following her. We reached the old cliffs. These cliffs used to mark the start of the lake, however now it has all dried up and create a cavern and caves in the rock. Almost like a maze. Galloping after her, I pushed blaze on, encouraging him to go fast, which he did with enthuasiasm. When we were nearing her, she suddenly turned right, in to a cavern and continued her fast speed, without letting up down the pathway. Blaze knowing what I would of wanted with out me even having to ask. Skidded in to a sharp turn and once again followed her.

I could tell, as we began to catch up that she was tiring, however when we got closer I realised that she was limping, from her front right leg. Even though I was sad to see her hurt, it gave me a better chance of catching her. I could also see that we were reaching the end of the path way, at the end there was a river,  which at the end lead to a water fall so if she missed she whisk be pulled down it,however it was a large river to jump. Even though she was injured, she was not seeming to slow down in her gate.

Reaching the edge of the river, she pushed off from the edge and launched her self in to the air. I pulled on the rains and we skidded to a stop and watched as she sawed through the air and landed on the other side.

However, during the landing, her injured leg must have given in and she stumbled but caught her self before she fell.. She didn't move for a minute, as she was breathing hard and fast. Standing there getting her bearings. But she then slowly pulled her head up and began to continue walk in the direction that carried her away from me. Stopping though, she turned her head around to look at me. She seemed to be looking in my eyes. Before looking at blaze, she then lower her head a little, before raising it again, as if saying well done. Then once again she walked off. I watched her limp away until she was out of my sight and then I turned around and started to head back home.

I was sure though, tomorrow I will be back and I will catch the horse.

.....................

Arrabella's POV

.....................

After catching up with my herd, I went around to check that every one was alright and there were no injurys. Every one was alright apart from one. A young filly had twisted her ankle during her run to get away and that meant that if we did get attacked, like we had just before her accident then she would be a target. I will not let that happen. None of my herd, were going to get caught. If that mean that I have to go in their place, then so be it I would rather it was me than any one else, at least I understood the humans. I used to be one after all. However now it seem I have lost the ability to turn back in to one of them. It has been so long since I had changed back. I couldn't seem to do it any more. Not that I mind. The pain I still feel is easier to deal with like this.

After going around everyone again, just to double check. I made my way up to a high point near by, so that I could look over my herd. Every thing stayed quiet and I could tell I could tell that there would be no more danger tonight, so I to went to my herd and went to sleep with them all together at one. With the young ones in the middle and the adults around them for protection. And with that I feel asleep. Inviting the comforting sounds and smells of my family around me as I drifted off in to the darkness.

( I know it was short but I will try and get another one up real soon sorry don't be angry with me)