Chapter 24: Telling Dennis

Start bij het begin

                “You said you had to tell me something?” asked Dennis coldly, his hands clasped together like he was praying.

                “Uh, yeah,” I said.

                “Well?”

                I licked my dry lips and tried to think of the words to say. What I really wanted to do was blurt out those two life-changing words: I’m pregnant. But I had to gradually do it.

                “Something’s happened,” I said slowly, “that concerns you and, uh, it wasn’t... planned.”

                His eyes searched my face, just like Ali had. “And what is that?”

                “Before you... dumped me, we –“

                “Dumped?” he said. “I had no choice, Summer. You cheated on me.”

                “I know, I know,” I said dismissively, “I’m a bitch. Anyway, I was saying that we had –“

                “You certainly are,” he muttered under his breath. It was quiet, but loud enough for me to hear, which I was sure was his intention.

                I took a deep breath, letting the insult slide. “It’s really important, okay? We had sex –“

                He chuckled. “Of course we did. We’re not sixty.”

                Warmth spread through my heart. He wasn’t as angry or as cold as he was a few minutes ago. I took his hand in mine and sighed.

                “Listen to me, Dennis. This is so important.”

                He was silent.

                “I...”

                “Spit it out,” he said.

                “I’m...”

                “Summer!”

                “I’m pregnant!”

                If the situation wasn’t so serious, I might’ve laughed at Dennis’s reaction. It was like any normal reaction, like how Gina and Ali reacted when they first heard, except this was about a thousand times worse.

                His mouth hung open, so wide you could probably fit a bus in there and you’d still have some room. Those blue, blue eyes practically bulged out of their sockets. He stood up abruptly, causing the chair to topple to the floor behind him because of his force.

                “What?” he hissed.

                “Y-you’re the father,” I added weakly, shrinking away.

                I could tell how he was feeling from just his face – anger, shock, worry, hurt, guilt (wait, what?)...

                “Oh my God,” he whispered, “shit...”

                “C-calm down,” I tried to comfort him, offering him a consoling hand. He slapped it away angrily.

                “You... you... baby... dad... crying... nappies... it...” the words tumbled out of his mouth, seemingly against his own will. He seemed incoherent of proper speech.

                “I can’t do this,” he said stiffly and he grabbed his jacket quickly. I shook my head frantically, following him and blocking the door as he tried to leave.

                “No!” I sobbed. “You can’t just leave! We – we have to talk at least!”

                “Get out of the way,” Dennis ordered.

                “No,” I repeated in an irritated voice. “I’m keeping it, and I need you!”

                “How do you even know I’m the father, eh?” he cried, lifting his arms up in exasperation. “You’re a dirty little slut, you know that?! I might not be the dad!”

                “You are,” I responded firmly. “Trust me, I know.”

                He glared at me and then grabbed my upper arm to push me out of the way. I stumbled sideway, almost toppling over when all my weight was forced onto my left foot. When I managed to regain balance, the door slammed and he was already gone.

_______________________________________________________________

NO MORE UPDATES TIL NEXT WEEKEND.... PROBABLY! I got exams all next week so I have tons of revision to do, but I made this as long as possible. So sorry this isn't all that exciting but hey, all stories have their crappy chapters, and this is one of mine.

Also....

<< VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!

I know this is pushing my luck, but can we try for 20 votes? We sometimes managed to do it! Even if we don't that far, it's all good. But TRY! :D And comment too, I want your thoughts! Any ideas about what's gonna happen next? :P

~ :)