Chapter 7

The Light Hawks
      They are one of the most elite teams in the light. They are feared by the dark. Their motto is The Light that Darkness Fears.
I never thought that they would be the ones guarding me. Then I think about Hayate. What if they want to do something to Hayate. I want to ask but I'm afraid of what they are going to say.
"If you are wondering about your friend," says Officer Shimizu, "He is an interesting guy. We can guarantee that we won't do anything to him but I can't guarantee that he wouldn't really stand out to the government. Not only is he extremely smart but he combines it with his courage that someone could mistaken for carelessness. When I observed him, I could tell all of the words that came out of his mouth was for a reason."
"Sorry, I don't follow what you are saying," I interrupt, "Hayate isn't as bright as the light."
"We don't know much about him and if we did, we aren't qualified to tell you that information," says Officer Shimizu.
"I guess that is understandable," I say.
"We have one more message that we must deliver to you," says Officer Abe.
I look back ready to hear this message and leave.
"Because of the incident at the library," Officer Abe starts, "I'm afraid your departure has been moved up a few days."
I look at all of them shocked. One week was already too short. Now they have shortened it even more?
"How long do I have?" I ask.
"Well the government wanted us to bring you to the light right now but we were quite positive that you friend would rebel against us." Officer Shimizu explains, "It took a great amount of negotiating but we finally agreed that if we protect you then you can stay here for one more day."
"Shouldn't it be longer?" I ask, "A few hours ago, I had seven days and when I get home I only have one day."
"We are sorry to bring you this news," Officer Abe says, "It is why we agreed to protect you earlier so that you could have an extra day."
"I guess time does fly," I say coldly, "Especially when you shorten it."
"Oh! I almost forgot!" says Officer Himura finally speaking up, "I think I was suppose to give this to you earlier but I kind of forgot when I got caught in the moment."
        He feels through his pockets trying to find something.
       "Umm..." he says, "Hold on. I know where it is. I had it when I left central headquarters. Where did I put it?"
       "Himura," says Officer Saito calmly, "I believe I specifically heard you mumbling to yourself that you put that phone into your shoes just in case someone tries to steal something from you pocket."
"Oh! That's where I put it!" Officer Himura says relieved, "Good, I thought I left it somewhere or lost it."
"Himura?" asks Officer Shimizu, "Why did they even entrust you with that?"
"Shimizu," says Officer Abe, "Let's insult Himura at another time. Don't worry I have complaints too."
"Give the girl the phone." says Officer Mizushima in the corner looking distant.
       "Yeah. Let's insult me later." Officer Himura says, "Thanks Mizushima."
       Officer Mizushima doesn't answer but I could see that all of the Light Hawks can understand him.
        "Ok, let's get back to business," Officer Himura says stumbling and catching a small metal box with something rubbery outside it.
        "This is a phone. These were disbanded in the dark because of two reasons. They didn't have enough money or resources to create anymore and they were often misused by the dark." explains Officer Himura, "If you are in need, you can call anyone of us. Most of the light that phones so when you meet new people there, you can put their number in and here is your number at the top of the screen. I guess that covers the basics. Here is a manual of how to use it. I'm pretty sure you can figure it out."
I look at the phone and back up at all of the Officers.
"I'm sorry," I say, "I can accept this or your protection. I can handle the dark on my own. I've lived here for most of my life and survived so you can just go home and comeback in a week."
"We can't ignore orders," says Officer Shimizu, "Please just take the phone, let us follow you, and pack your belongings for your departure tomorrow."
"If that is the case then I cannot accept your invitation to the light," I say, "I am deeply sorry."
"But you must," says Officer Saito says without any emotion, "You are the dark's only hope to light. If you don't go, the dark will not make anymore advances. You are probably their only hope for a long time until another one like you shows up."
"Then they will just have to wait for a new hope."
"Don't worry Miyu. You don't need to give this all up just because you are afraid to tell me your leaving tomorrow." says Hayate walking out from downstairs.
"Woah!" says Officer Himura shocked, "What?! Where?! How?!"
"Himura," says Officer Shimizu, "You're an idiot."
"I knew you were hiding something only Miyu could know!" says Hayate superiority.
"But," Officer Himura say, "I thought you left! I saw you walk through the door!"
"There's something called windows and climbing." says Hayate.
"Wouldn't people have noticed you, stalker!" says Officer Himura.
"He's done that since we were children," I say bluntly, "I don't really care."
         "It's kind of a habit now." says Hayate.
         "Sorry, Himura is just an awkward person." says Officer Shimizu.
         "You're so mean, Shimizu." Officer Himura says.
          "Can we get back on topic?" says Officer Shimizu, "Since your friend knows that you have to leave in a day, are you still coming with us?"
I'm pretty sure Hayate knew that I am going to decline.
"Thank you very much for the offer but-" I begin.
"Don't worry. She's going." Hayate says cutting me off.
"Hayate-" I begin again.
"It looks like it's decided." says Officer Mizushima with a commanding aura, "Talking about it will only be wasting time."
"You are correct as always, Mizushima." says Officer Abe speaking up, "We will be departing tomorrow night. Please pack your belongings and join us."
"Well we should probably leave before the headquarters wonder where we are and send reinforcements." says Officer Shimizu.
When they all finally left, I decided to question Hayate.
"Hayate," I started.
"Miyu," Hayate interrupts me again, "Go show the sun what it is like at night."
That's why Hayate wanted me to go. He wants me to go not only out of curiosity for the dark but also for the light.
He wants me to set history strait.