Chapter 6

When I get home, I plan to go buy groceries and make dinner along with prepare everything for my parents so that they wouldn't die in a week after I left yet when I get home I am greeted by government agents.
"We saw your boyfriend's little fumble," one of them said, "We are here to make sure you don't get hurt considering that you are a key to our reincarnation of our society."
"Ok," I start, "First, Hayate is not my boyfriend, he is more like my brother. Second, I don't need escorts, I can walk around this society better then you ever will. Third, if you follow me, don't you think it will cause more trouble then it's worth. Finally fourth, do you really think I'm vital to this society. If I go in there, don't you think your precious prodigies would just get scared. What person from the light would want to even encounter a person from here. I'm pretty sure that you are just going to embarrass me there and make me into propaganda or and example. For all I know, you might kill me in the middle of your society. Don't worry, I know people can do that. I've read history textbooks before. You could be using the methods the world has used in the past. I know the government hasn't let go of that past yet. If you try to kill me, I will reach for the gun myself so I will die not by your hands but my own."
"Don't worry we are not going to kill you or cause harm to you in any way," says one of the government officers."
"You want to bet," Hayate says finally revealing himself.
Hayate has always been good at hiding his presence. He can spy on anyone at anytime. Everyone always has some talent in them. For us, it's not usually in the mind.
"Excuse me but this is a confidential meeting," informs another officer.
"Nothing is confidential anymore," Hayate says sitting down.
They all sigh and admit defeat. Once Hayate sits down, he is not going to move and the officers can see that.
"Look," Hayate says, "Miyu doesn't need bodyguards. She has me."
"We don't exactly trust you with the hope of the unintelligent." another officer says.
"Oh I think we forgot something," says another officer politely, "Sorry to be rude and not introducing each other sooner. I'm Officer Abe. I'm the leader of this group. Here is my second in command."
"What? Oh," says a tall, blonde officer startled, "I'm Officer Himura."
"I'm Officer Saito," says an officer calmly, "I am the controller of all the transportation of this group."
"I'm Officer Shimizu," says a clear and pure voice, "I am the speaker of this group and negotiator."
"Officer Mizushima," says a officer with an extremely dark aura, "I am the guns-man assigned to this group."
"Sorry Mizushima can be really blunt and strait forward," says Officer Abe, "We are actually assigned to guide you to the light and also guide you in the light. Don't worry, we will let you choose when you want to walk with us and when you want to walk alone. Lost of the time, we will be there in the shadows. No one will even notice us."
Her politeness is just drawing me in and not letting me out. It makes me want to believe the lie that they are really polite people. I think I misjudged them-
"Well," says Hayate, "Now that you told me this, don't you think I would notice you."
"Yes," she starts, "But I trust that you will not point is out to oth-"
"Do you really trust us?" Hayate relied cutting her off, "The last time I went outside, I'm pretty sure I saw your hatred for us posted on everything."
I couldn't tell what the officers were thinking. I was pretty sure that they would be activated my Hayate's comments but they looked more amused. I guess Hayate is amusing in some instances. He can also become annoying in some instances. I hope the officers don't want to kill Hayate.
       "Those are motivational posters for all of you." Officer Abe says, "They are there for your own bene-"
       "Then why do they make our society worse?" Hayate relies cutting her off, "I don't know if you have realized it but those posters make us look vulnerable. Since your government sees everything, I'm pretty sure they would have noticed it."
       I look at the officers to make sure they don't do anything to Hayate. I am surprised when they are staring at him with interest and astonishment.
      "Well, we haven't noticed," says Officer Shimizu cutting in, "I will contact headquarters to inform them of this situation."
      "Why are you so sure that government will do anything about it," Hayate says, "I bet they put it those posters up for one reason only and that is to discourage is more then our culture has already."
      They seem to be admiring everything that Hayate says. I guess it is the first time someone is brave enough to voice their insults to the government themselves. I've actually never heard of anyone who would say that to the government.
     "If you have anymore complaints," says Officer Shimizu, "Please mail them to the government office listed at the bottom of every poster."
      "Do you really think they will read them?" Hayate replies.
      "I will make sure they do," says Officer Shimizu.
      "Then I shall go make multiple letters of complaint," Hayate says walking out.
       "Why an interesting guy," Officer Abe finally says, "I was almost afraid to tell him what our group was called."
      I look up wondering why telling him their group name was so important.
      "We are the light in which darkness fears," say Officer Shimizu, "We are the Light Hawks."