Don't cross the line

Start from the beginning

And as if like Fate is taunting her, "Good morning, beautiful~" Lucy flinched upon hearing a familiar voice greet her. Her peaceful moment with herself was just stolen by the most annoying guy she could name of. "Loki!" she said as she looked at her friend on her left who is walking toward her. Of course she was angry for being spooked so early in the morning but astonishment dominated that negative emotion since she was surprised to see someone awake before her.

"Can't sleep?" Loki asked, a cute smile curving on his lips as he observes the blonde's adorable morning outfit.

Speechless, Lucy only nodded in response and looked at him. She can't help but blush lightly upon seeing his current feature. Him, wearing his black jogging pants that perfectly paired with his white jacket along with his white shirt that is currently on display since his jacket is zipped open. His hands were hidden inside his jacket's pocket, as if he was trying to act cool even though she knew that it was not on purpose. And his hair, his bed hair dressed him cutely that almost made her forget that this guy in front of her is the most annoying idiot playboy she knows.

"W-what about you?" Heartfilia suddenly asked when she realized that she has been staring at her friend.

"Oh me?" Loki said as he gazed at the horizon. "I was awake like an hour ago. I can't sleep because Gray kept on snoring like an old man. So I've been walking around the beach for almost an hour now until I saw you" he explained and ended it with his lovely smile that could make any girl's heart to flatter (except for Erza).

Of course Lucy was affected too. Seeing her admirer smile like that made her doubt that this is the Loki she knew. She can't help but lightly blush about it too. However, she fought her best not to show any reaction from his good looks nor from his sweet words. Though she raised a brow and glared at him upon knowing that he is lying about her pretend brother.

She knew Gray for years. She met him the first time she entered school and soon became her so called brother. When her grandfather left and went to different countries, Gray stayed over her house for a week and helped her adjust on 'living alone'. She wanted to ask for her best friend's help but Levy was out of town.

There were times also that she would ask for Gray and Levy's presence, and those times mostly happens during the end of month of October or whenever she accidentally watched a horror movie. She can't help it. She was scared and she lives alone which made her situation spookier; and those two people are her only choices since they live 15 minutes away from her house. She would ask them to sleep with her in the same room since she was scared to sleep alone. Of course, Gray would be sleeping on the floor and her best friend would be sleeping with her on the bed.

However, there were times that Levy will decline her invitation on staying over her house. Lucy understands why. After all, Levy sometimes has to go out of town to help her parents in their business or she has to take care of her little brother and watch over the house. In short, Levy is a busy person. So she has no choice but to invite Gray instead.

Since she was too scared to sleep alone during those dreadful months, she would ask her pretend brother to sleep on the same room. Gray obliged -- but please, nothing happened after that. Lucy knew that she was asking too much but she paid Him evenly with her cooking. And during those times, you could say that Gray was living happily in Food land. But those times has come to an end since she has Natsu with her now. So there is no way that Gray, could be someone that Loki described.

Immediately, Loki noticed the blonde's awareness of his little lie. "Ahaha, you got me" he sheepishly laughed as he playfully scratched the back of his head. "Let's just say that I was too excited on our date that I can't sleep", he winked.

Again, Lucy can't help but feel flustered. But before she could even show a hint of being flustered, she suddenly sneezed, causing the awkwardness that was attempting to fill them to fade away. "Sorry" she mouthed as she sniffled.