Is that a twinkle in bhabhi's eyes that were seeking bhaiya every two minutes? Awww!!

Khushi has seen a lot of females come and go out of her brother's life. There were broadly of two kinds, one who didn't care about his mafia link, only his money; and the other who thought they could tame him and make him quit. Neither's agenda worked. Akash bhaiya was too smart to get trapped by a gold digger and he was not very inclined to leave his powerful family business for anyone. But Natasha bhabhi, in a very short time everyone in the family has conceded to the fact that she was a gem. Dadu has chosen well. 

Her honesty and optimism shone through her eyes. Soft spoken and soft-natured, she was a perfect foil for bhaiya's rather temperamental nature. And the most important thing, she looked at bhaiya as if he has hung moon and stars in the sky. Such unquestioning faith, that it thoroughly warmed Khushi's heart. Her dear brother deserves all the happiness in this world, and most of all, a loyal accepting life partner. She herself was lucky to get a sister like her.

"Bhabhi, you look more interested in looking at bhaiya than at the gifts I got you," she said out loud for everyone to hear, and pretended to pout.

The room erupted in the laughter of the elders. Akash smirked and Natasha blushed hard.

.

.

.

.

.

Half an hour later, Arnav entered the imposing building of Vaghela House like a gray cloud in his bullet-proof white SUV. Just at the sight of this place, bitter memories flooded his mind uninvited, leaving a bad taste in his mouth. To him, this place was full of bad memories, and each visit made the inferno inside his heart blaze some more. He was fourteen when Ranjan uncle had brought him to this hell hole, in spite of glaring displeasure of its occupants. And what an assortment of occupants it had - his father was a calculative manipulative old fox, his wife a certified crazy, his son a raging psychopath in making and there was a waif-like scardy daughter who spent her majority time looking for corners in the house to hide. A poster example of a dysfunctional family, the Vaghelas.

But on one thing they stood united with the exception of baffled little Khushi; they hated him. Made no bones about it. And since that was not enough, he lived next six years of his life getting humiliated and abused for the crime of breathing in the same air by the beloved heir of the family. It ate into Arnav's soul, Akash's insulting words, not the punches. Everyone turned a blind eye to his behavior, except for Ranjan uncle. Still, he would have forgiven them all because if nothing else, they had kept him fed and sheltered for six long years, had he not stumbled on their ultimate cruelty. For that, they will pay, with their souls. 

Alighting from the car, he spotted Aman and Nandu standing with away with some other men. He motioned them to stay where they were and walked inside the palatial bungalow.

"Arre, come beta Arnav, come," Arnav heard Lalaji say as soon as he entered the rich living room of the house. 

"Lalaji," Arnav murmured with his palm on his heart. Looking around at the gathering in the room, he barely concealed a grimace. God, this circus is going on here today? Had he known, he would have come another day. Or maybe not. His eyes found Khushi, who was sitting beside the sacrificial lamb they'd selected for the psycho.

"You already know Mr. Desai. This is his wife. And his daughter Natasha, your new sister-in-law," Lalaji introduced.

My sister-in-law? Seriously? Arnav gave the females, whom he knew because of his intel, a curt nod. Ignoring Akash, who was having a hard time hiding his own grimace, he addressed Khushi. "Hello Khushi, how are you?"