Music #9

Question: "What's changed about the music industry or about, you know, the music that's out there. What do you think is different?"

Michael Jackson: "Well, I think.. Ah, I don't think people thought the Rap music would last as long as it has. And it has gone through evolutionary stages -- there's more melody in it now, it's more acceptable, because melody will never die. Will never die. And the rhythm-- things are a little more rhythmic now. Because people want to dance. It's part of the human condition; it's part of our biological makeup. Our cells dance when we hear beats. You notice a.. a one year old child will start moving hearing music. How do they know to move? Cause it's biological. It's not just hearing of the ear, it's feeling, you know. And playing music, the grass and the trees and the flowers... They're all influenced by music. They become more beautiful and more vibrant in how they grow. Music is a very important and powerful substance, and all the planets in the universe make music. It's called music of the spheres. They all make a different note; they make harmony. So there's harmony even in the universe as we speak."

Online audio chat, October 26th 2001.

"When you want to be close to me, listen to the music. The love is stored there and will not die!"

Michael Jackson.

Michael Jackson writes about music