Chapter 59: Preparation

*next day*

"Light, we've made arrangements for a Kira supporter meet up thing tomorrow that's where you'll be. You can fly, we've broadcasted a note saying that a shinigami is helping the Kira investigation" said Arata.
"Ok, do you think that you could possibly take of the hand cuffs?" I asked.
"Oh yeah sorry" he replied.
My rists were bright red, the skin had been peeling away while I moved with my hands in them.

*day of the attack*

I saw Haruku at the other side of the crowd. Arata put a wire tab and camera on me, it was hidden so no one could see it.
"The target's at the opposite side to me" I said.
"Go closer, I need a clear shot" said Arata.
I walked close but not to close to him. He was very cautious of everyone. I told Ryuk to get him regain ownership so it would work out.

There was an advertisement on the big screen. It said - Kira is wearing a black suit be careful he is going to kill everyone here.-
That was Arata's way of provoking him. I could see him getting angry. He looked at me.
"Hey you" he said.
"I'm Kira, can you tell me if any cops are about?" He continued.
"Sure" I said.
I looked around.
"No none in uniform" I said.

"Light, get ready!" Whispered Arata into the small transceiver I had. I ran to the front of the crowd. Haruku pushed his way through after me.