Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I looked around the captains’ cabin in awe, it was exactly how I always imagined it to look, and unfortunately I never imagined it to be very pretty or easy on the eyes.The room definitely needed a re-design and some colour, but then again I bet the captain didn’t really have female company very often. I looked around at all the paintings and trinkets hanging on the walls, lost in my own little world when the door opened and the captain swooped in, bringing me back to reality.

The captain sat down at his desk and motioned to the seat I front of him for me to sit down. I sat down, cautiously. The captain just looked at me for a minute, stroking his small white beard, is gaze making me feel self-conscious when he finally spoke.

“Miss Ava?”He began, “how old are you?” I was taken aback at this sudden question and wondered the relevance of it, but I answered the question, my voice shaky.

“I am of eighteen years, sir.” I replied

“Such a young age my dear, why, you’re still a mere sapling!” he exclaimed, “How did you come to find yourself upon my ship?”

I looked down at my hands in my lap, I didn’t want to tell a room full of strangers the reason I had run away, but mainly I didn’t want to cry, to show weakness in front the captain.

“Please Ava, can’t you tell me how you found your way onto my ship?” the captain asked again, he didn’t try to pressure me, his voice was soft, kind, almost pleading.

I nodded and eventually told the captain my story, I felt relieved to get it off my chest. The captain stayed silent until I had finished my story, only then did he speak.

“Habel, go and fetch Eliyah, and bring him to me.” Habel nodded once and disappeared out the door. I watched him leave and felt a little sad he was gone. I wondered who the captain requested. The captain got up and poured himself a glass of what I believe was whiskey from a crystal bottle.

“Well Miss Ava, it seems you have landed yourself in quite a predicament. You don’t wish to return home and I, being the merciful gentleman that I am, cannot force you to return. So I am giving you a very fine gift indeed, a choice.

Our crew will make its first stop in three days, you may choose to get off there and start a new life with some supplies and currency I shall provide, or you can stay upon this ship for the remainder of this voyage as a part of my crew, but I can assure you that I cannot promise your arrival of the final destination. These waters are treacherous to those you have not travelled them before. People go missing all the time.”

I stared at the captain in shock, but he had not finished yet.

“You do not have to choose right away I shall let you sleep on it, my child.” At that very moment Habel returned with Eliyah. The captain smiled at me and motioned for me to stand.

“Miss Ava, this is Eliyah, my first mate. You will be having his quarters.” Eliyah shook my hand and greeted me. I smiled in return

“Habel will show you to your quarters and will tend to any of your needs. I shall see you at dinner.” The captain dismissed us and Habel led me to my quarters.

I entered a little wooden room lower than the captains’ quarters, it looked almost the same as the captains’ quartes but not as grand. It was lit a bit more but it lacked the wall decorations and trinkets. It was really quite dull.

Habel stood at the door watching me as I examined the room; I noticed his sharp blue eyes watching my every move. I blushed slightly and sat down on the bed.

Habel sat down on the small wooden stool in the corner and continued to stare at me. The silence was awkward and I could feel the electricity buzzing between us. I stared at my dirty feet and wished my appearance was more lady-like, then Habel finally spoke, breaking the silence.

                                                                             *************

AHHH i know i know, its very short, but i only wrote ths as a filler until i can get to the juicy part...

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUNNNN!!!

As always please...

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN!!!!!!!!!