Chapter 40. When truths come to light

Start from the beginning

The hairs in the back of my neck stood on end and I knew they were staring at me again. It made me nervous and my hands started trembling as I carried the tray with the drinks back to the two grandmas.

"Here you are." I told them, proud that my voice had sounded so confident instead of the trembling mess that I was inside.

"Thank you, dear." Said one of them.

"Yes, thank you very much." Answered the other.

"Now, stop worrying." Said the first one.

I looked up from the table I had been staring at, startled.

The two grandmas watched me with shrewd looks in their eyes that somehow managed to remind me of Owen. I almost snorted at my own strange thoughts.

"They are just boys." Pink Grandma said.

"They don't bite you." Said Lilac.

"Unless you ask it of them, of course." The Pink Grandma added quickly.

Lilac frowned at her companion. "I was about to tell the girl that, Roxanne."

Roxanne frowned back at Lilac. "No, you weren't, Charlene. Your memory has been failing you recently."

I just stood there, frozen. I didn't know what embarrassed me the more, the fact that two strangers had taken notice of my discomfort, or the fact that said strangers were shouting about it for all the dinner to hear.

The grandmas clearly weren't good of hearing.

A snort and the sound of chocked laugher coming from the table filled by the boys assured me that they had definitely heard what the grandmas were saying.

God, bury me now...

North's entering the salon was both a blessing and a curse. His forbidding scowl said that he too had heard what the grandmas were saying, and his glaring eyes focused on the boys behind me told me he wasn't happy.

He marched over to their table and started whispering to their leader, obviously ignoring the taunts from the tattooed one while the others watched in silent amusement.

"Aaah, and here comes the overprotective and territorial boyfriend." Guessed Charlene, rather accurately.

I turned back to the grandmas to catch them both checking out North's butt.

My grisly boy was bent over, his face level with the leader of the other boys and his butt was turned to us, there in all it's glory for us to stare at.

I might have space out a little, staring, because suddenly I felt an arm wrapping around my waist and bringing me against a muscled chest.

Vanilla and sugar filled my nose as Luke leaned down to whisper in my ear, "Enjoying the sight, Cupcake? If you want I can bend over for you, too."

I blushed a deep red.

"Aaaa, and here comes the lover." Said Roxanne.

"And what a lover..." Added Charlene while fanning herself.

Good god, bury me now...

Luke just chuckled at my ear, the moron.

......

Pulling his phone out of his pocket Sean dialed Sang's number.

Phil looked at him confusedly for a moment before asking, "What are you doing?"

"Checking that our Pookie is alright and making sure that none of us end ups in the dog house, I like my place in the bed." I said.

"Good idea." Owen agreed from behind me.