Chapter Four

*With Bekah*

"What time?"

"Seven."

"What time will you be home?"

"Um around ten or eleven I guess."

"I don't know Bek. Bourbon Street ain't exactly best for someone so young."

"Come on daddy please?? Both Hunter and Ali will be there and I won't wander off I promise!"

Tim sighed as Faith came into the room.

"Mom help me out please?"

"What's going on?"

"Hunter has a gig on Bourbon Street at seven and I wanna go."

"I think you should go. It ain't every day you can be in your home town and see your superstar best friend perform."

"Really? Thank you mom! Thank you thank you thank you!"

"No problem, baby girl. Isn't Ali playing with Hunter too?"

"Yep!"

"Is Jason okay with that?"

"I don't know, she didn't exactly mention it."

"I don't think he'll be too happy about it." Tim said.

Bekah sighs. "And why's that daddy?"

"Because I don't think he'd be too happy about his baby girl being on Bourbon Street."

"But she's 21."

"It doesn't matter if she's twenty-one or twelve. She'll still be his baby girl, just like you'll always be my baby girl."

"I just..she loves performing and nobody has ever given her the chance to."

"I'm sorry about that baby girl because she does have an amazing voice. But I still think she should talk to her dad about these things. You're eighteen and you still came and asked me didn't you?"

"Yeah but you know Ali, she's different. She isn't like me. I got more attention as a child than she did. She doesn't feel the same about her parents as I do you guys."

"Well I'm glad you respect us enough to ask us sweetheart. But I still think she needs to ask her dad, or at least tell him."

"She's not gonna do that! You know that! You should call him!"

"I will, but I do not need that tone of voice from you young lady." Tim says as he pulls out his phone and calls Jason.

"Too much Ali for one horse ride." Bekah muttered as she walked up the stairs.

"Hey Tim!" Jason answered.

"Hey Jason, I called to let you know that your twenty-one year-old daughter is performing on Bourbon Street tonight."

"Did you say Bourbon Street?"

"Yeah, Hunter has a gig there tonight and somehow Ali's ended up performing with him. And my daughter thinks it's okay."

"She shouldn't even be there! She knows that kind of environment isn't good! What the hell?"

"I don't know. But Faith just told Bekah she could go watch Hunter preform, which by the way I am not happy about!"

"Bekah is more responsible than Ali. She won't do anything stupid."

"Good to know you have faith in your daughter Jason."

"If you had Ali as a daughter would you?"

"Absolutely not."

"Exactly. I don't know why, but she's been just so hard to handle recently. Doesn't help she's dating Hunter."