Chapter 21

A/N: Since you guys didn't want the book to end yet, I'm pushing their school dance back a week. :)

Chapter 21 |
S a m a n t h a s p o v

A few days later...

"Someone is here to see you." My mom says through my bedroom door.

I roll my eyes and throw my book down on my bed.  Jace has been calling and texting me nonstop for the past three days and I haven't been able to just chill out and read. I quickly jump out of bed and run downstairs. I swear to McDonald's if Jace is here I will-

"Maddie?" I say shocked.

She runs up to me and hugs me cutting off my circulation. "I haven't seen you since like the first day of school Samantha!" She says bouncing up and down.

"Hi." I say trying to take in her colorful outfit.

"I missed you." She says smiling. "We only knew each other for like a day but I still missed you!"

I laugh. Her happy vibe is intoxicating. 

"I'm sorry I haven't been texting you lately. I broke my phone when I was dancing and I had to get a new one and I lost your phone number and I was sad and-"

I cut her off. "It's okay Maddie." I say laughing awkwardly.

"Thank you. I hate when people are mad at me like I remember this one time when I was five and I took my mom's nail polish without permission and I- Wait what? I zoned out." She says confused.

Wow she's talks wayyy more than I remember. I point to my kitchen. "Do want something to drink? My mom just made some strawberry lemonade." I suggest.

She nods quickly. "I love strawberry lemonade!"

I lead her into the kitchen and she sits at the counter. I open the refrigerator. "So how'd you find out where I lived?" I say digging the lemonade out of the refrigerator because it had somehow managed to end up in the back.

"Oh today after school this guy- oh let me correct myself, this cute guy came to the 10th grade hallway and started asking everyone if they knew you." she says.

"Tell me more." I say curiously. I finally get the lemonade out of the refrigerator. I get two glasses out of the cabinet. I pour lemonade in each glass.

"Everyone he asked was all like "nope I don't know her." and when he finally asked me I told him I knew you," She stops to take a drink of her lemonade.

"Why was he asking people if they knew me?" I ask.

"Well he told me that he really wanted to talk to you but you weren't listening to him. So he sent me to try and get you to ya know, forgive him." She says taking a strawberry out of her drink and eating it.

I roll my eyes. I know exactly who she's talking about. But to be sure. "What exactly did he look like?" I ask.

She eats another strawberry. "Tall. Skinny but built. Dirty blonde hair. Brown eyes. Cute nose.-"

I cut her off. "Oh and did he mention his name?"

"Yeah it was something with a J. I can't remember it though.  I think it was Jake? Jack? Jason?-"

"Jace." I sigh.

"YEAH! That's what it was! Jace, he really seemed to care about you." She says winking.

I grab Maddie's empty glass and refill it. "Yeah right. He doesn't care about me." I scoff.

Maddie shrugs. "I think he does. I mean, he searched the whole 10th grade hall looking for someone that knew you. And I mean, that's not an easiest job considering that not many people know you."

"If you knew what he did you'd say otherwise." I say.

"I don't know what he did and I'm not gonna ask. All I know is that he's cute and that you have his heart. I've watched too many romance movies to be wrong. And-"

Her phone vibrates and she reads something before typing. "Look Samantha, my mom is outside. I got to go." She says

"It was nice seeing you." I say. "Come back whenever you want. You know where I live.'' I laugh.

She smiles and then hugs me. "Will do. Oh and I really think you should give Jace another chance after all, you've got nothing to lose." She walks out the door and I watch her get into her mom's car and drive away.

I'll give Jace another chance when he proves to me he deserves another chance.

--

A/N: I'M SO SORRY THIS CHAPTER WAS SO SHORT WRITERS BLOCK IS TAKING OVER MY LIFE UGH. OH AND If you guys have any suggestions at all on what you want/think should happen next in this story please feel free to comment. It would really help me out :)

Here's a random pick up line because ily guys-
Are you the tigar from the frosted flakes box? because ... YOURRRRE GRRRREAAAAT! *cue laughter and applause*