Chapter 12

Chapter 12 |
S a m a n t h a s p o v

A few days later... 

To be completely honest these past few days with Jace have been so fun. After he got that black eye for me we've been closer.

It's Saturday. Witch means I have no plans. I've always hated the weekends.

I slowly get out of my bed. It's hot outside today so I decide to put on some jean shorts and T-shirt. It's never really cold in California. I honestly don't know why I'm always wearing jeans and hoodies. I guess it's just a habit.

I leave my hair down and slip on my white vans. I grab my phone and run downstairs and into the kitchen.

My mom looks at me and smiles "You look really pretty today."

I smile. "Thanks."

"So today I'm going out with a few friends and Dad is at work. He will be working late today. So you're free to have some friends over or go some where as long as you keep me updated on what you're doing." My mom says.

I nod. "I will."

My mom grabs her purse and kisses my cheek. "See ya later sweetie." she says walking out the front door.

As soon as I hear her car pull out of the drive way I sigh.

My day of boredom beings now.

I'm probably just gonna read all day. As soon as I get up and start walking upstairs to my room, I hear the door bell.

Ugh. Probably just the mail man.

I quickly run to the door and open it. No ones there.

"Hello?" I ask.

I walk outside to see if they went to the back door. No sign of anyone. As soon as I turn back around to go back inside my house I jump in fear.

"Fancy seeing you here."

I burst out laughing. "What the fuck Jace! Don't you ever scare me like that again!"

Jace smiles. "Oh my god! Sam the good girl just said a bad word! Someone call the grammar police before she says another politically incorrect word!"

I playfully punch him in the arm "Shut up."

I sit down on my front porch and Jace sits next to me.

"So where's you glasses, hoodie and jeans?" Jace says teasingly.

I shrug."My glasses are in my room and I decided to dress differently today."

Jace smiles. "Wow. You actually took my advice on trying new things."

I laugh. "Don't get all full of yourself just because I took your advice."

Jace grins. "Whatever."

I tilt my head. "What are you even doing here? I thought you'd be busy with all your cool friends on a nice Saturday like this?"

Jace smiles."Well, I thought I was busy with one of my cool friends right now."

"You're not talking about me. Are you?"

Jace grins at me and stands up "Oh, but I am talking about you."

"Well, I don't know where you got the impression that I was cool from." I say laughing a little.

"Look, Sam your my friend and I really like you. It's a Saturday and I have no plans. Well, I could hang out with a lot of other people. But honestly, I blew them all off for you because you're the only person I know who doesn't try too hard to be better than everyone. You make mistakes and laugh at yourself and I like that. So yeah. Basically, what I'm trying to say is, wanna hang out today?" Jace says holding out his hand for me to grab.