"Twilight Town," Yuffie responds excitedly, all but bouncing on her heels as he walks. You can see Roxas' entire body stiffen at the words. "Gotta scope out that town for a bit. Plus the safest entrance to The World That Never Was is through the mansion."

"... Oh," you murmur, glancing up at the sky above. Dark clouds are threatening rain.

"What's wrong?" Riku asks, noticing your disturbed expression.

"Huh?" You glance over at him, realizing he's walking right beside you and studying you with those unreadable aquamarine eyes. "Oh, nothing..."

He smiles slightly, reaching a hand out to gently ruffle your hair.

"Don't worry, [Name]. We're going to be okay. You've trained really hard these past few months, right?" he assures softly.

Forcing a smile, you start to nod along with his comments. He must have been satisfied with your response because he slowly turns his attention to Sora, muttering quietly about battle strategies. You suck your bottom lip between your top and bottom rows of teeth, biting gently at the appendage. Why was there a gnawing feeling of dread attacking your heart..?

[♥]

Though many months had passed, Twilight Town was still exactly as you remembered it. The sky is colored with a bright, perpetual sunset, and inhabitants are filled with a naïve warmness, unaware of the evils lurking around every corner. What would have happened, had you never sat next to Roxas in English class your Junior year of high school? You would still be one of these inhabitants, ignorant but happy.

How boring.

"Wow, you grew up here?" Xion asks in awe, glancing around the town.

Your group had landed at the Sandlot, which was thankfully empty and free of onlookers. A run-in with Seifer was not on your list of things to do.

"Yeah. Nice, isn't it?" you reply with a small smile.

Feeling someone's gaze on you, you glance to the side to see Roxas watching you. An unusually warm smile in on his face, his typically cold eyes looking free of worry. It was just like the old Roxas, when you'd walk the streets of Twilight Town just enjoying each other's company.

"It is. I'm jealous," she teases, nudging your hip with hers and earning your attention once more.

You laugh lightly in response, shaking your head a bit. Eyes land on a small crack in the wall in the distance, and you point forward.

"There's the path to the mansion," you tell everyone.

"We know," Cloud counters, smirking slightly.

"You must have forgotten that we were here on recon, [Name]," Zack adds.