epilogue | just homecoming

It was finally Homecoming

Peter was under a lot of stress lately because it was so hard to keep Spiderman a secret from Michelle, seeing as they both grew closer and closer as friends each and everyday.

On the other hand, Erika and David were ongoing therapy because of their near death experience. They owe their lives to Spiderman, or Peter for Erika's case.

Still, this didn't stop all of them from having a good time and attending their ball. They all deserved a break from reality and just.. let go of all their troubles for a while.

Erika spotted Peter and Michelle sat on a table so she grabbed David's hand and briskly walked towards them. Peter saw them coming so he stood up politely, gave Erika a side hug and David a firm handshake. Michelle stood up too and Peter saw this as a sign for him to introduce her.

"Erika, David, this is my friend Michelle."

David waves while Erika offers her hand, "Hi Michelle! We're in a few classes together, right?" Michelle shook it as she replied, "Yep. I heard a lot about you." She threw a smirk in Peter's direction, nudged him to which Peter replied with a playful glare. Peter thought that Michelle was being very obvious while Erika just seemed oblivious to it all.

"Could I borrow Peter for a few minutes?" Michelle slyly winked at Peter and then nodded, "Sure. Go ahead!" Erika turned to David who was looking at the streamers hung from the ceiling and asked if he was going to be okay. He replied with a nod so Erika patted his back and wished him a goodbye-for-now. Erika then grabbed Peter's arm and pulled him towards the dance floor.

Erika placed her hands on his shoulders while Peter placed his on either side of her waist.

"I-" "So-" Both spoke together at the same time. They laughed and then grew quiet after, just swaying to the song.

"You go first." Peter urged Erika to go on with what she was going to say.

"Well, I just want to say thank you.. on behalf of David and I. If it weren't for you coming to rescue us from that.. we'd be dead splat right now." Erika chuckled a little bit humorlessly while Peter looked her right in the eye. He realized that the reason he liked her was quite simple. It wasn't complicated like she played hard-to-get or whatever, it was because she was just.. herself.

Erika snapped her fingers in front of Peter's face and said 'earth to Peter' to get him out of his trance. He shook his head while she just smiled and swayed to the beat.

At that moment, he was sure that he didn't like her as much as he did before. There were no sparks when they made contact, no tingly feelings, and no butterflies in the stomach. But surely, a part of him will always long for her. He's just starting to become recognized as an actual superhero, like the Avengers, and he didn't want to ruin that.

Until he figures out his superhero thing, his love life would have to be put on hold.

"Okay, your turn now." Erika patted his shoulder to make him start talking. Peter suddenly grew nervous, he felt his palms get a little bit clammy but he didn't want to be obvious so he just kept it on Erika's waist.

"I-I gave you the.. flowers. The bouquet you found on your desk."

Erika didn't know what to think so she asks, "Why?"

"I- you know.. had a little crush on you before." Peter's cheeks flushed red due to embarrassment. "I mean-what's not to like, you know? You're smart, beautiful, kindhearted, a-and-" Peter heard a sniffle so he looked up to her and saw her tearing up, "Oh my God, hey Erika, please don't cry. I don't know how to deal with pretty crying ladies." Erika removed her hands from his shoulders to fan her face and wipe the tears running down her face. It was a good thing she wore waterproof makeup.

"I-it's just.. that's the sweetest thing anyone has said to me. Thank you Pete. You deserve all the love and happiness in the world, I swear." Peter hugged Erika and stroked her hair while she placed her chin on his shoulder.

They pulled away when Peter said, "Won't be getting love anytime soon though." Erika wipes the last of her tears and asks, "Why not?"

"I've got to sort out my hero stuff first. Helping people is always a first on my watch." Peter smiled.

"I'm so happy for you. Proud too. You're saving people, fighting criminals, and that's just.. wow. Peter, you're a very good person," Erika places her hand on his cheek and continues, "Also, you've got a very gorgeous girl waiting for you at your table. Go get her, 'kay? After your Spidey stuff."

"Sure will, Erika." They both fell into a comfortable silence as the song finished.

"Just so you know, I don't regret having a crush on you." Peter joked which caused them to fall into another laugh spell while making their way back to the table. Erika nudges Peter as they approached Michelle and David. Erika then comes to David, hooks her arm with his and walks away, not without sending a wink and a thumbs up to Peter's direction though.

A slow song started playing and Peter looked at Erika and David who were already dancing to it. Erika caught his eye and wiggled her eyebrows as a signal to ask his lovely date to dance.

"So.. Michelle, can I have this dance?"

E L F I N

---

ooooOOOOH THE LEGIT END OF CRUSH

HOW WAS THAT FOR AN ENDING HUH

IDK ABOUT YOU BUT I'M FEELING SO MANY EMOTIONS RN

ANYWAY, thank you all so much for this journey! it was a very memorable one for sure seeing as this book has gotten so much attention compared to my other books WE'RE AT 15K READS ATM YEEEEEEHAWWWWWW (imagine me saying that with a southern accent)

ILY ALL SO MUCH

SEE YOU IN MY NEXT BOOK WHICH IS PUBLISHED RIGHT NOW

PLEASE GO CHECK IT OUUUUUT IT'S ABOUT TOM HOLLAND AND THE ACTRESS WHO PLAYS ERIKA YAY

XOXO,
gossip girl

lol just kidding THIS IS NOT GOODBYE Y'ALL

YOU AIN'T SEEING NONE OF ME YET

p.s. attached photo is what erika looked like during Homecoming!!!! isn't she so beautiful