03 | just grocery shopping

Erika and Peter weren't able to talk after their encounter earlier in the morning

Erika and Peter weren't able to talk after their encounter earlier in the morning. Needless to say, both were equally disappointed. Erika found the boy interesting and Peter, well, he found Erika beautiful.

Erika had been fetched by her sister after school which she didn't mind. Erika and her sister, Bethany, had a decent relationship. Many people have even mistaken them for each other seeing as the looked alike, probably due to the amount of time they have spent with each other. However, they were basically on their own—with their parents having gone through a rough divorce and their mom leaving them in the custody of their dad who passed away a few months after that.

Their dad was deeply in love with their mom even when she already fell out of love for him. If it was possible to die from extreme sadness then that must be the reason their dear dad died. But in the midst of it all, Erika and Bethany were still happy and alive. And at the end of the day, they would still have each other and that was what was most important for the both of them.

The duo was walking their way to the grocery store to shop for their weekly needs. They have been living quite a lowkey life; their cousin, Tony, had made sure of it. After their dad died, Bethany, the already legal sibling, was the one to keep their father's money safe. Seeing as their father was the brother of Maria Carbonell-Stark, Tony Stark's mother, they were bound to have plenty of money, coming from a wealthy family.

Erika had not left the flowers inside the car for her interest was still peaked by the lovely bouquet. One can tell that she was still a bit curious about who placed it on her desk. "So.. now would you tell me what's up with those flowers you've been smiling at?" Bethany asked as they entered the grocery store, only a few kilometers away from their apartment building.

Erika shrugs, "They're just really pretty y'know? I don't even know who gave it to me. It was just left on my table this morning." Bethany smirked and teased, "Secret admirer, huh?"

Erika ignored her comment and grabbed a cart. She placed the bouquet she had received in it. Grocery shopping has always been part of their weekly routine. It was her job to push the cart while Bethany's was to actually grab the items and put it in the cart. She knew everything they needed, anyway.

"Just stay here okay? Let me just grab some fruits." Erika nodded to Bethany's orders. She was currently in the body care products aisle when a deodorant rolled to her feet.

"Oh honey, would you be a dear and get that for me, please?" A dark brown haired lady from the other end of the aisle said to her. Erika picked the fallen item up and walked briskly towards the lady with her cart.

"Thank you so much, dear." The woman smiled and asked, "What is your name?"

"Erika, ma'am." Erika politely nodded. The woman looked down at her cart and saw the bouquet of flowers she had placed there earlier. "Hmm.. lovely bouquet of flowers. Where'd you get it from?"

"Someone at school just put it on my desk with a note saying that it was for me." Erika blushed at the thought. The whole idea of placing the bouquet attached with an anonymous note on her desk was mysterious and sweet; she couldn't wait to find out who it was from.

"Oh, so you don't know who placed it there?" Erika shook her head while the woman looked deep in thought. "I see, I see. Well, I'm going to get these checked out. Thanks again! Hold on, how rude of me, I'm May." The lady held out a hand for Erika to shake and she took it. "Nice to meet you, May. Oh and have a great day!" Erika flashed her a smile and watched as May went to a self-checkout machine.

May walked away and Erika was left to wonder; why was the woman so curious about the bouquet of flowers she had gotten? Did the May she just met know who had placed it on her desk?

"Erika, quit just standing there! I need the cart!" Bethany who had her arms full with fruit shouted from behind her.

"Oops."

---

who is this may that erika just met?? in a grocery store?? of all places??

just kidding we all know who she is

or maybe not

*evil laugh*

oh and a HUGE THANK YOU to all of YOU for getting this to 500+ reads I LOVE AND APPRECIATE YOU ALL. THIS IS MY GIFT TO ALL OF YOU EVEN THOUGH IT WAS JUST A FILLER TO GET THE STORY GOING LOL

I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED READING

picture attached is bethany, erika's big sis !!! (face claim: poppy deyes)