01 | just a girl

"Tenenenenen

"Tenenenenen.. Spider-Man, Spider-Man, does whatever a spider can. Spins a web! Any size, catches thieves just like flies!" Peter sung as he stepped out of the bathroom and into his small bedroom with a towel wrapped around his waist.

He looked to the mirror and flexed his biceps and chiseled abdomen, clearly impressed by how much his physique has changed. From a teeny lanky boy, he had developed muscles out of the blue. His dear Aunt May was able to notice this, clearly concerned that he was a bit too macho for a fifteen year-old. With such change, she was concerned if her baby Peter had been taking any drugs or steroids. Eventually she had sat down with him about it, even going as far as explaining the consequences of taking such bodybuilders, but Peter made the extensive physical education at Midtown the reason for his growth. Puberty, too. He couldn't just tell his aunt that he was bit by a radioactive spider in a school excursion.. it was too absurd. But, Peter wasn't complaining. Maybe, a certain girl will take notice of him because of his all new swag.

Throwing on a casual ensemble, he became all fresh and clothed. As he combed his hair back with gel, Aunt May walked in his room and pried, "Peter.. who are these flowers for?" She nodded at the bouquet of roses and sunflowers sitting beautifully at his messy desk.

Peter scratched the back of his neck, clearly unsure of what to say. He didn't want his aunt to meddle in his love life. Besides, she already knew enough of his social life, or maybe the lack thereof. Being Spider-Man surely didn't make him any smoother, he thought.

"Is it for a girl.. at school?" Aunt May made his bed for him which he responded to with a thanks. She gave him a warm smile and then continued to arrange his cushions and patted on the now neat bed, signaling for him to take a seat next to her. If there was one thing he loved about Aunt May it would be how she was just so approachable and open-minded. She may not have had a child of her own but she sure did treat Peter as such.

"Well-uh, I guess you could say that." The thought of her smooth blonde hair, glistening hazel eyes and porcelain skin entered his mind, and made him blush madly.

"Who's the lucky gal?" His aunt asked curiously with a teasing tone.

He looked down at his fingers as he felt his ears heating up and shrugs, "She's just a girl."

"Oh, Pete. I know you. You wouldn't buy such a beautiful arrangement and quite expensive by the looks of it for someone who is," she quirkily made air quotations, "just a girl." She then raised her eyebrows saying "unless it's mine and you were planning a surprise for me."

"Yeah, totally Aunt May."

"I knew it!" Peter let out a few chuckles with his aunt. "For real though, seems to be more than just a girl." He couldn't deny the fact that his aunt was right. She knew him very personally, maybe more than he even knew himself. Minus the Spider-Man part. Peter glanced at his wristwatch and saw that it was time for him to get going. "Listen, Aunt May.. I have to go," he said as he grabs his backpack and heads to the kitchen to grab a granola bar for his breakfast.

Trailing behind Peter, Aunt May handed him the bouquet, knowing that he was going to give it to the 'lucky gal' today at school. "We'll talk about this later, okay?"

"Sure." Peter nodded as he peeled open the packet of the granola bar, tossed it into the trash can, and took a big bite of the granola bar. He kissed his dear aunt on the cheek before leaving their small but homey apartment at Queens.

"Take care, honey!" Aunt May waved goodbye at him through the window.

"Will do, Aunt May!" He waved to her, three storeys above. He was certainly lucky to have a sweet aunt to provide his needs and take care of him unconditionally. Just as he was about to go, a man riding a bicycle rams into him which caused him and the bouquet to fall on the hard cement.

"Watch it, clumsy!" The man looked back at him with a stern face as he biked away. Peter heard a few snickers from the people in the vicinity.

Good thing the flowers didn't get trampled on by the cyclist.

"You okay, Pete?" His aunt called from the apartment window. He looked up and he could see that his aunt was trying to stifle her laughter. The man who bumped into him had biked away before even apologizing. Peter thought that maybe the man was afraid that Peter would call the cops on him. But then again, Peter didn't see the man's face clear enough to describe him to the authorities. Add also the fact that he was just a mere schoolboy and that it wasn't too big of a deal.

"You can laugh all you want, Aunt May, but that doesn't make my nose feel any better!" He touched his probably broken nose and did a thumbs up to add to the silliness factor.

Today was going to be a long day for sure.