Chapter 13- Resolved

(A/n: HOLY MACKEREL! Over 20 thousand reads!!! THANK YOU MY JELLY BEANS *sniff* this was just a smoll story, thank you so much to you all! I will try my best to increase the quality of my stories, and make sure I don't rush anything ;) I apologize if there are any grammar errors. Too lazy to check. Idk what I'm supposed to do to celebrate so leave suggestions in comments. ⬇️⬇️⬇️)

-Your P.O.V-
His words stabbed into my chest, and I wanted to sprint out of the room. But, I was rooted there, and I just stared at the two of them. I just sat there, as still as a statue. Hikaru looked fazed, and his face was unreadable. Could I reach out and touch his face? Reassure him? Help him?

"That's enough, Mori!"

I turned around and faced Honey. His nose was dribbling with a bit of snot. Yet, he had this frightening glare that sent shivers down my spine.
Hikaru broke out of his daze and shoved Mori away. Mori opened his mouth to speak, but quickly closed it. His eyes were glazed over, and I felt guilt. I wish I could help him.
"Don't say anything else," Honey muttered, "Please stop." I stood up and walked over to Mori.
Hikaru used his arm to push me back, and whispered, "Don't talk to him." I glared at him and gently moved his arm away.
Mori flinched once he saw me heading his way, yet he didn't move. I placed a hand on his shoulder, and smiled. His eyes widened, and his frown faltered slightly. I knew that I shouldn't do this, but I couldn't think of anything else to do.

I pulled him into a hug and patted his back. "I'm sorry," I said, "I know it must hurt, and that's okay. I just want you to know I'm here for you."
I continued, "You must hate me; taking away Hikaru. I'm really sorry, Mori. I can't give up on him, and neither should you. I know you don't want Mitsukuni to see you like this. Please, don't hurt yourself anymore, okay?" Too be completely honest, this was taking an emotional toll on my feelings and my knees were trembling. I let go of him, and grinned. Tears dripped down my cheeks, but I continued to smile. Mori shook his head and ruffled my hair.
"Why are you crying, you idiot?" he chuckled softly.
"Well, you're not crying, so I'll cry for you!" I laughed in between small sobs.
"(Y/n)! Mori!" Honey cried and embraced the both of us. Honey's tears wet my shirt, but I didn't care. I was just so damn glad that I could hold them like this. These two were my friends... No, my family.
Tamaki strolled in, exclaiming how much he loved Haruhi. The moment he noticed us, he stopped and sighed, "Alright, what happened here?" Haruhi followed him in and grumbled to herself.

Hikaru explained everything after, and Tamaki nodded.
"So," Tamaki concluded, with his fist in his palm, "Mori is in love with Hikaru?!" Hikaru and I instinctively glanced at each other.
"You know if you put it that way, it doesn't sound very pleasing." Mori muttered uncomfortably, shifting his body.

Elsewhere...

-Umi's P.O.V-
Where is (Y/n)? I've searched everywhere for her. Is she possibly in the Host Club? I saw Kaoru heading my way, and he waved.
"Hey, have you seen where everyone went?" he asked, "I heard the fangirls whispering about not being able to enter the Host Club today."
"Seems suspicious," I sighed, "I swear, if (Y/n) is having a secret pizza party without me, I'm going to kill her." Kaoru rolled his eyes, and smirked.
"Let's go check the Host Club, yeah?" he said, leaning against the wall next to me. I nodded. It's been pretty awkward around the Host Club, mainly because of my attitude towards Kyoya. I only have myself to blame, but seriously, why is he so uptight? I felt like someone was looking at me. I sighed, and glanced at Kaoru. He instantly caught my eyes.
"Stop looking at me, it makes me feel embarrassed," he cooed with a grin. I huffed and lightly slapped his arm.
"You're stupid," I scowled, "You need to stop staring at me."
As soon as we approached the room, I furrowed my eyebrows. It was silent. It's usually bustling with noise, is something going on?
I pushed open the doors, and stopped. I immediately found (Y/n) sitting in the booth. Her back was facing me, so I wasn't quite sure what she was feeling. She turned around and smiled at me. Her eyes looked like glass, and tear stains on her cheeks gave me evidence that she wasn't happy. Mori sat across from her, frowning at Kaoru. Kaoru was chatting up his brother, his lips pressed into a thin line.
"Where've you been, Umi?," (Y/n) asked softly, getting up from her seat.
"I was looking for you," I said slowly, "What's going on?"
"Mori and I just had to..." she paused and continued, "...talk about a few things." At the mention of his name, Mori stared at (Y/n) with worried eyes.
"There's nothing to worry about," she told me hurriedly, glancing at Mori, "I'm fine."

Hikaru walked over to Mori, and whispered something I couldn't make out.
(Y/n) cleared her throat, and announced, "Anyway, while we're all here, why don't we think of someway to reopen the Host Club?"

-Your P.O.V-
I felt nervous around Umi. As my best friend, of course she could tell something was off! I absolutely can't tell her about Mori, he'll probably feel embarrassed. I watched Mori walk up to Umi and tap her on the shoulder.
"What's up, Mori?" she raised an eyebrow.
"I don't wanna leave you in the dark so," he stated, "I'm in love with Hikaru."

Okay. I guess I was wrong. He was so straightforward about it, though. I really can't read him well.

"Well, I mean," he continued, "I was in love with Hikaru, but I think I found someone better."

?? WAT?! Umi, did you do something?

"Why are you telling me all this?," Umi said, obviously uninterested, "Tell Hikaru and (Y/n)."
"I'm speaking loud enough so everyone can hear," he smiled, "Didn't you notice?" He turned to face me and cupped his hands, as if they were a megaphone.
"I'm in love with myself." he hollered.
I'm honestly so confused what is going on. Let me just list what just happened.
-Mori was in love with Hikaru
-not in love anymore??
-Mori is in love with himself???
-wat?
"I'm joking," Mori chuckled, "But I'm really over Hikaru now. He means a lot to you, (Y/n). I was just jealous, and I'm glad I let him go."
Am I imagining things? Just a few minutes ago, he seemed unrequited for Hikaru... Umi must've done some of that black magic or whatever.

"You don't need to worry anymore," Mori grinned, "Nobody can take Hikaru away from you."