Chapter 7: Snails

So sorry for leaving you guys hanging for a week! I hope this chapter (somewhat) makes up for it.

Meanwhile, in Harry's room, Draco had just opened his eyes.

Draco opened his eyes to searing pain, sunlight lancing through a crack in the curtains. Everything was an agonizing, blinding white, and Draco worried for a panicked instant that the sun really was frying his eyes. He scrabbled blindly, trying to get away from the light, and smacked the other body lying next to him.

"Ow! What was that for?"

The other person sounded disturbingly like Harry Potter. Draco whimpered. Now he was having delusions, as well as blind.

"Draco?" the delusion asked, managing a convincing attempt at worry. Draco whimpered again. There was movement, then, muttered cursing and fumbling, and then the blinding light went away. Unfortunately, Draco's head still throbbed, but at least his eyes were no longer in danger of burning.

Draco cracked one eye carefully open.

The first thing Draco saw was green. Green so brilliant and full of light that it was nearly blinding. Green like silent forest pools and bottomless oceans. Green like Potter's eyes, only more intense.

Draco blinked, and realized that it wasn't "like" Potter's eyes – it was Potter's eyes, more intense than usual because the thick lenses that normally obscured them were missing. And because Draco had never seen them this close before. Then, Potter blinked, shuttering his stunning eyes, and Draco felt himself released from their spell. He shoved violently away - or, tried to. Instead of moving, he found himself stuck fast, held in place by Harry's arm and leg, thrown carelessly over him while he slept.

Potter pinned him with his gaze once more. "Going somewhere?"

Great. Now the delusions were visible as well as audible. Draco whimpered again.

The Potter-delusion rolled its eyes. Draco thought that his brain, if it insisted on plaguing him with these Potter-delusions, ought at least to make them as miserable as Draco currently was.

Draco snapped his fingers. He would ask one of the house-elves to bring him a headache potion. And one of Father's extra-strength calming draughts – the ones he thought Draco and Mother didn't know about. That ought to deal with the pesky Potter-delusion, which was most likely brought on by stress.

The familiar crack of house-elf apparition relaxed Draco slightly. He turned to the elf. "Nobby, bing me a headache potion. Also a – "

He stopped, staring. He blinked. Blinked again. "You're not Nobby," he said accusingly.

The ancient, disgruntled-looking house-elf looked down its nose at him. "I is not being Nobby, young Master Malfoy, and I is not bringing you a headache potion – "

The Potter-delusion interrupted the house-elf. "Kreacher. Please bring Draco and I some of Luna and Sev's new hangover potion."

Kreacher glared for a moment, then relented. "Mistress Luna is having the headache potion prepared for Master Harry and Master Draco already. Kreacher is bringing the potion now." He disapparated with a crack that was still reverberating around the inside of Draco's skull when the house-elf returned, a glass of faintly steaming hazard-orange liquid in each hand.

"Thank you, Kreacher," said the disturbingly calm and polite Potter-delusion, as he took the glasses. He drained the contents of the first glass in one go, grimacing as he did so, and then handed the other glass to Draco.