30 ; the final countdown

Start from the beginning

"But I guess you won't be leaving so soon." My voice sounded weird, as I whispered to her. The princess looked at me, dumbfounded.

"Ah, I forgot one thing. Tobi declared war on us. All the Shinobi. The Fourth Great Shinobi War is going to happen."

--------------------------

She dreamt she was at the same ice castle again, all alone with nothing but the dress she was wearing and the crown she wore on her head.

She ran to the balcony as she saw a silhouette that she grown to love and care. As she was getting closer, the silhouette started to fade away.

"Wait!!!!!" Nami hugged the figure tightly. It took her a few seconds to register the Hokage attire the figure was wearing. "Don't go!!!" She begged him.

Kakashi only smiled at her as he started to fade away. Nami felt she was hugging thin air and remained slumped at the balcony.

She could hear the soft chants below her. It didn't take much for her to know what they were chanting.

Long live the ice queen.

---------------------------

"I guess you must be glad Kakashi isn't the Hokage." Nami gave Kurenai a small smile. She wasn't in the mood to talk ever since that dream.

Her dreams usually meant something. But the princess wanted none of her dream to come true. At all.

"You haven't smiled like that for quite some time. It feels weird. " Kurenai joked. "Where is that silver guy, anyway?"

"He..... had to go to a meeting about the Fourth Shinobi War." Nami remembered how she hugged Kakashi so tightly before she let go.

Yes, she was afraid . Very, very afraid.

"War...." Kurenai held her big stomach with tenderness and precaution. "I assume you will be joining?"

"Yeah." If it counts to extending my time here. The white haired girl felt restless, she wanted to tell Kurenai the truth so badly. But......... no Nami. Best she knows after this whole drama is over.

"When you go in war, take care of yourself. I don't want Kakashi to be depressed anymore. He seems so genuinely happy now because of you." Nami's cheek reddened at Kurenai's statement.

"And, well..... beat Akatsuki. Don't let them kill anyone, just like they did to Asuma."

"I will Kurenai." Nami gave her a friendly hug. She looked high upon Kurenai, the kunoichi still put on a brave face even if she was raising a child soon all by herself.

"Asuma must be so proud of you."

"Same goes with Kakashi, huh?" Kurenai laughed as the redness of her cheeks has returned once more.

"You guys should, you know.... marry after the war is over." Nami was alarmed by the sudden suggestion. "Or do you have any other plans?"

"Uh.. ah..." Commanding a country far from here and leaving all the people I love behind. That sounds like a plan, right?

"No, I guess. Well, they're not as motherly as yours." The ice kunoichi made no effort to cover her cheeks now.

"I'm willing to bet he will propose." Kurenai looked at the view outside. She must be missing Asuma, Nami thought to herself.

The idea of changing her surname to Hatake suddenly makes her curious. She looked at Kurenai- unaware that she was being watched from behind. Kurenai is a Sarutobi now, and the child will be called Sarutobi too.

'Hatake Nami.' The name had a nice sound towards it. And it definitely sounds better than Fuyuhana.

But, my queen.』The voice had returned once more. Nami looked outside as the plants and clouds were moving due to the wind currently blowing towards north.

Why would you marry him, when you will be separated from him again?

-------------------------
Da da da dang~ Pre war; DONE.
prepare yourselves, we're entering war.
p/s : i was playing with the settings and now my username is nu-clear. lol.