Part One: Trapped

October 2, 2027 10:00

"Welcome everyone to Hope's Peak Academy, where sixteen losers think they're about to compete in a murder mystery game show... little do they know, they're going to be murdering each other for your entertainment!" Monokuma opens, ending with a chuckle.

"Alright peasants, now what you're really waiting for, the contestants! Try not to get too attached, fourteen will be dead soon!" Monokuma laughs. Monokuma pauses, as if there are actually people in the room with her.

"First student to introduce... Jeff!" Monokuma announces. A short teen walks in with large glasses on his face, dirty-blonde hair, and blue eyes.

"Hello there! I'm ready to win twenty-five million yen!" Jeff boldly states.

"Just take your seat and get out of my hair!" Monokuma scolds.

"Rude," Jeff scoffs in return.

"Next student... Shadow!" Monokuma continues. A teenager with brown hair, brown eyes, and a slightly taller stature than Jeff walks in with his face hidden in his coat. Shadow continues and takes the seat next to Jeff, turning away from him.

"Well, next student... Jack!" Monokuma states. A shorter teenager with black hair and green eyes wearing a dark-colored jacket confidently strides in. Jack takes the seat next to Shadow.

"Hello," Jack boldly states. Shadow buries his face deeper in his coat.

"Save the friendly introductions until later! I have sixteen of you to get through!" Monokuma scolds, frustrated. "Anyways, next student is Samuel."

A short, young-looking boy timidly walks in. Samuel's blonde hair swoops down just over his gray eyes as they survey everyone in the room. Samuel takes his seat next to Jack, turning to focus towards the doorway.

"Okay... next student, Angela!" Monokuma resumes. A short, dark-blonde-haired girl walks in, her blue eyes focusing towards the ceiling while she fixes her ponytail. She takes the seat next to Samuel, finally getting her hair situation sorted out.

"H..hi there," Samuel says shyly.

"Hello!" Angela greets back.

"Next student to enter is... Nicholas!" Monokuma interrupts. Nicholas enters, his short brown hair gelled back and his hazel eyes focusing forward. His outfit looks as if he walked straight out of a gym. Nicholas takes his seat next to Angela, noting her journal with a puppy on it.

"Now—my personal favorite—Jason!" Monokuma exclaims. A tall, older-looking teenager walks in. His brown hair bounces with his strides, and his brown eyes gleam with ecstatic energy. Jason takes his seat next to Nicholas, having to scoot the chair back a little.

"Alright, now for Brandon!" Monokuma announces. A tall, tanned, dark-brown-haired, black-eyed teenager walks in.

"Oh my God guys, I'm so excited!" Brandon exclaims, taking his seat next to Jason. Brandon nearly falls out of his chair, but regains his footing quickly.

"Next student, Kyle!" Monokuma continues. A short teenager with jet-black hair and yellow eyes walks in almost hastily. Kyle quickly takes his seat next to Brandon, observing all the contestants.

"Moving on... Gillian!" Monokuma says. A tall teenage girl confidently strides in, her blonde curls bouncing as her green eyes gaze over the room. Gillian takes her seat next to Kyle, trying not to trip over his foot.

"Next lo—erm, contestant, Eric!" Monokuma nearly shouts. A tall teenager with blue hair and brown eyes walks in carrying an art palette.

"Did you seriously have to carry that?" Gillian asks him.