The Seer didn't see that one coming

A couple of weeks later, the commotion about the article died down a bit. Sure people still mentioned it once in a while but it was old news. It did serve its purpose though. Harry had told me a good number of people had come up to him to apologize for their behaviour, for believing the Daily Prophet. It also meant more witches and wizards started to consider that Voldemort may be back and that the Ministry might not be disclosing all its information. All in all it was progress. Harry had to go to detention a fair few times because of it but other than that, it was good.

Over time I've noticed Harry distancing himself a bit from me. He still talks to me every now and then but he doesn't tell me everything anymore. It's like he want to keep up pretences whilst still holding most back. If we weren't in a war and he didn't have a significant role in it, I might have let it go. But as it is, he does have a significant role in the war that is happening. If he's still getting nightvisions and he's not telling the order, me or Dad, it might be dangerous. It's hard to protect him from someone who could infiltrate his mind. We don't know yet whether Voldemort is aware of their connection, but one's better safe than sorry right?

At the moment I was letting my thought roam freely in my mind as Charlie played with the twins. They've grown so much! It's hard to believe they're really mine and yet they are. I moved my worries to the back of my mind as Anthony managed to burn a bit of Charlie's hair. I chuckled and was quick to put it out.

"Love, you should really be more careful around fire hands here." I lifted 'Tony up as Drew tried to grab Charlie's burned locks. I chuckled and turned to Tony.
"We don't set Daddy on fire now do we? Huh? Noooo, we don't. Daddy doesn't like that." I reprimanded in a high voice. Tony, of course, didn't have a clue as to what I was saying and opted to giggle instead. I grinned and kissed his head before putting him down again.
"Show me the damage, char." Charlie turned to show his now altered hair due and sighed.
"Can you fix it? I've never been that good in appearance spells." A flick of my wand later his red curls were restored to their original state.
"Thanks, love", Charlie grinned as he leaned in for a kiss.

We broke apart when a scream could be heard throughout the entire castle.
"Gallopin' Gorgons, what was that?" I asked. Instead of responding, Charlie handed me Andrew while carrying Tony and lead me outside to where the scream came from. Eventually we found the source of the noise coming from the entrance hall.

A large pack of students had formed around Professor Trelawney, who was looking more mad than ever, and Umbridge. The Seer was crying and shouting, protesting against everything Umbridge was saying, not that the latter cared.

"No! This cannot be happening ... it cannot ... I refuse to accept it!" Trelawney shrieked.

""You didn't realise this was coming", came the amused voice of Umbridge. "Incapable though you are of predicting even tomorrow's weather, you must surely have realised that your pityful performance during my inspections, and lack of any improvement, would make it inevitably that you would get sacked?" Umbridge was downright enjoying this. She's the worst DADA teacher Hogwarts has haď in who know how long and the past few years haven't really been capable teacher, with the exception of Remus of course.

"You c-can't! You c-can't sack me! I've b-been here sixteen years! H-Hogwarts is m-my h-home!" Trelawney howled, crying her eyes out. Charlie and I made eye-contact and started moving through the crowd. Umbridge can't do this, can she?

"It was your home." Umbridge taunted. "Until an hour ago, when the Minister of Magic countersigned your Order of Dismissal. Now kindly remove yourself from this hall. You are embarrasing us."

McGonagall strode forward the moment Charlie and I also managed to break free from the crowd. Minnie went to comfort the sobbing professor as I turned towards the Toad.

"You are embarrasing us, Dolores!" I spat at her. "Publicly taunting a fellow professor! What kind of horrible person are you?!" She looked utterly undetained by my words and chose instead to listen in on Mcg's words of comfort toward Trelawney.

"There, there, Sybill ... calm down ... blow your nose on this ... it's not as bad as you think, now ... you are not going to have to leave Hogwarts..." Mcgonagall spoke softly.

"Oh really, Professor Mcgonagall?" Umbridge challenged. "And your authority for that statement is ...?"

I glared at Umbridge as a dee voice spoke up. "That would be mine."

Professor Dumbledore strode forwards as a sneer already made it's way to Umbridge's face.

"Yours, Professor Dumbledore? I'm afraid you do not understand the position. I have here an Order of Dismissal signed by myself and the Minister for Magic. Under the terms of Educational Degree Number Twenty-three, the High Inquisitor of Hogwarts has the power to inspect, place upon probation and sack any teacher she - that is to say , I - feel is not performing to the standards required by the Ministry of Magic. I have decided that Professor Trelawney is not up to scratch. I have dismissed her."

Dumbledore continued smiling as he responded. "You are quite right, of course, Professor Umbridge. As High Inquisitor you have every right to dismiss my teachers. You do not, however, have the authority to send them away from the castle. I am afraid that the power to do that still resides with the Headmaster, and it is my wish that Professor Trelawney continue to live at Hogwarts."

Trelawney oppert to leave nonetheless but Dumbles wouldn't hear of it. He asked Minnie whether she could escort her back upstairs. Sprout quickly came forward to help and together the three of them went back inside the castle.

Umbridge stood still for a few moments before she spoke again in a voice hardly above a whisper. "And what are you going to do with her once I appoint a new Divination teacher who needs her lodgings?"

"Oh that won't be a problem," Dumbledore said. "You see, I have already found us a new Divination teacher and he will prefer lodgings on the ground floor."

"You've found-? You've found? Might I remind you, Dumbledore, that under Educational Decree Number Twenty-two-" before she could finish Dumbledore cut her off.

"The Ministry has the right to appoint a suitable candidate if - and only if - the Headmaster is unable to find one. And I am happy to say that on this occasion I have succeeded. May I introduce you?"

In galloped possibly Umbridge's worst nightmare. A centaur. Part human, part horse. "This is Firenze." Dumbledore smiled as he said so. I couldn't help a smile myself at the look of pure distaste on the Toad's face. It evolved into a full out laugh as Tony shot a spark at her. Sometimes you've got to love kids!