CHAPTER V "The Fateful Encounter"

CH V SCENE I : James apartment around 800-1130

I woke up early the next day, make my bed and stretched out a bit. Well typically weekdays would start by Calvin knocking on my door and we’ll do our online business and hang out but I guess this day will be different… recently both of us have major changes in our lives… first Calvin has a new girl now in the name of Allison and me I just nailed my job application yesterday now I’m a blogger, article writer, a site moderator or whatever they specifically call it. So first day on the job or rather on-the-job training, so I call my parents which by the way residing the good life in Manhattan.

Hello Mom?” I told my mom over the phone.

Yes dear? Are you gonna request for another money transfer?” She asked seemingly bragging.

C’mon mom… You know I have an online business to substantially support myself…” I replied.

Then what is it? Did you and Emily broke up…?” She asked.

Nah… ..We’re actually doin great mom., but the news is I got a new job.” I told her.

Really? Now that’s something I’m most glad to know. So what’s the first job?” She replied happily.

Well mom, I’m not actually doin the job, because they send me first  to an O-J-T. well maybe sooner or later… I’ll be in their office as an article writer.” I clarified.

Glad to hear that our hardwork and of course money starting to pay off.” She bragged.

C’mon mom money again… I’ll pay as soon as I have my first check.” I replied.

Sure you are honey…. It’s not an option it’s an obligation..” She replied

Okay moo—mm bye… I’ll be doing my first duty right now.” I replied.

Okay honey.. by the way why won’t you give us a visit here at New York? Me and your dad wanted to meet your girl Emily.” She suggested

Well I’ll sort it out first.. Emily is a bit of a career climber so she’s a little bit busy but I promise me and Emily will go there during holidays.” I explained

Okay honey . can’t believe you have that nice girl friend.. okay bye honey.” She told me as she hanged up.

It was my duty for my new job to check my emails regularly early so I sit myself in front of the computer and logged myself and check some messages.

Message received from: Mr. Marc Marthers

E-mail: mmarthers@yahoo.com

Mr. Rogen(my bitch)

            I know you’ll check your email early but I guess you can’t beat me I’m the earliest bird ever live. So enough about that, I already send you info about our site so you can do the overhauling of it but remember to send me the draft first of changes you’ll conduct for our website so we check review because we don’t want a dude from his house messing up our website and in addition to that send me an article .. any topic you can think of… send it by evening and we’ll check on it and maybe post it on our site.

                                                                                                Marc Marther(Your Boss)        

Is this dude seriously my boss?” I told myself.

The overhauling part will be easy for me but writing an article will be the hard part as I never really wrote articles recently.. maybe the last time was back in college.. I was too busy on my comics and online buy-and-sell. I’m eloquent  at writing but I guess I need a little bit of a refresher .