Chapter 2

Sehun felt disgruntled. His court hearing was coming up and it was getting on his nerves. After two years whose nerve wouldn't it bother? The prosecution was stalling because they had no case, but wanted to hold out for as long as possible against him. It was almost comical how they kept asking for extensions in his trial for lack of witnesses or misplaced evidence.

But today, he wasn't in the mood to make light of his situation. Something had happened yesterday. Stuck in traffic, he'd caught an enrapturing scent before feeling his mate and it was so intense his body coiled tighter than a snake, ready to snap. The knot on the base of his cock expanded suddenly and it was only his strong sense of will that prevented him from releasing endless ropes of cum in the back seat of his limousine. The precome was heavy, a bit much and he grabbed sheets of handtowels before freeing his erect cock and wiping away the physical evidence of his need for his mate. When he managed to get his body back under control, he looked around, through the window of the limousine, trying to see who it was, but nobody caught his attention. He even instructed Kris to look out for an omega in heat, but his subordinate didn't see anybody related to his request. He looked around at the two closest places to his side of the road and realized they'd stopped between a shop and an omega/beta friendly bar. He knew the bar was his best bet, but no alphas were allowed and unfortunately, such places were protected under law, which was upheld by the Korea Society For Equality, which meant he couldn't just barge into the bar and demand to see every omega in heat at the moment.

"Pull over, get as close to the bar as you can."

"Mr Oh, forgive my doubt but you have an appointment with your lawyers in the next few minutes..."

Sehun's eyes hardened. He pressed the intercom again, biting out crisply. "This is more important."

Without further question, Kris did as instructed.

Fifteen minutes later, Sehun was still watching the entrance to the bar, remembering all the drunken omegas that went and those that came. Nobody struck his interest, but that was the most intense heat he'd ever felt and it proved that he did have a mate out there somewhere. For once, it was hard to ignore the growing need between his legs when normally, he had to put some effort into liking the experience with others. No matter how much he enjoyed sleeping with someone, he'd always felt a little hollow and unsatisfied afterwards.

The wait was annoying and when three teenagers left the bar, one of them turning back to ask the bouncer something, he couldn't take his eyes off that one. There was just something about the kid with dirty brownish blond hair standing there, but his heat had lessened to bearable and hadn't flared again, so he decided no matter how physically appealing he might find someone else, they wouldn't do in a time when he knew for a fact his mate was out there somewhere. Giving the wait more than enough time for him to get increasingly restless, he decided it was time to go. Too much time had passed and nothing was happening.

Pressing the button, he instructed Kris to resume his earlier duties.

"Yes, Mr Oh."

The car moved forward and Sehun decided to speak to his subordinate again. "I need the evening's surveillance footage from that bar...every camera available in every room during the past hour."

"Yes, Mr Oh."

*******EXO*******

That night, after a particular argument with his lawyer over their strategies regarding his case earlier in the evening, Sehun still couldn't take his mind off his need to mate. Sitting alone in his penthouse apartment on his leather couch with a snifter in his right fingers, half full of brandy; tie loose, shirt unbuttoned and open, zipper pulled down and erection freed, he sneered at the fact that at this point in his trial, coming down to the wire, he had to be advising his advisors. They had good strategies by mediocre standards and unfortunately, they were the best this side of Korea had to offer.