Chapter 6.

Jodie had joined Ada when she left the kitchen, laying on Ada's bed as she got ready for the day ahead.
"Are you going to talk to me?" Ada asked her as she turned in her chair to face her.
"I am talking to you, you idiot" Jodie laughed as she turned on to her side resting her head on her hand as she looked at her best friend.
"No I mean about what happened?" She scolded.
Jodie let out a deep breath as she spoke "he saw me with Tommy and didn't like it, he called me a whore and hit me" she paused as she tried to stop her tears from falling "and he j-ust kep-t hitt-ing me" she stuttered as her tears finally fell.
Ada rushed to her joining her on the bed envoloping Jodie in her arms as she finally let her emotions loose.
"He blamed me for my moms death, he's always hated me" she confessed to Ada as she pulled away from her, she was sick of crying, of being weak.
She propped herself up with her hand, Ada now lying on her side facing her "He kept me hidden away in my room, only talking to me when he wanted an argument, someone to take his anger out on" she continued as Ada listened intently.
"So that's why I had never met you" Ada realised out loud making Jodie chuckle.
Jodie nodded her head "I begged him for that job and I'm glad I did" she told her, their eyes locking on to eachothers.
"Me too" Ada smiled making her grin, at least they knew they had eachother.

"So now were all here let's start shall we?" Tommy said loudly addressing us all as we sat around the kitchen table, all eyes on him.
"First of all, boys we've got a meeting with Kimber first thing tomorrow I'll explain more later on" he started "Polly how we doing on your end?" He asked her.
"Alright, bills am paid, food on the table, were okay for this month" she told him capturing Jodie's attention.
"Ada are you happy sharing with Jodie until we get her settled?" Tommy asked his sister as he pointed at her.
"Of course I am" she scoffed as she smiled at her best friend whos eyes were focused on Tommy, Ada rolled her eyes.
"Okay, anyone want to say anything?" He asked pausing for a moment to give anyone the chance to speak "okay good, then were done" he said after a few seconds.
Everyone except Jodie stood to leave the room, she stood to follow but was stopped by a hand on her should, she turned to see Tommy.
"Ready to go to yours?" He asked her as she looked at him, her head tilted slightly.
"Sure" she agreed wanting to get it over and done with, she ran her hand threw her hair as her stomach errupted with butterflies due to her nerves.
"Let's go then" he repiled walking away from her to pick up his coat from off the back of the chair he was sat on before the meeting.
She followed his lead, following him out of the room into the livingroom. Thomas reached the door first picking up her coat that was hung on the wall, he held it out for her to shrug on  which she did saying a quiet "thank you" before following him out the door.
They walked to her childhood home in no time side by side, he took the lead as they reached her driveway, he stepped in front of her as they approached the front door.
Jodie reached into her pocket pulling out her house key thankful she had it, she nudged Tommy handing it to him.
He smiled at her gripping it in his hand he turned to the door placing the key in the lock he let himself in.
Muttering voices came to both their ears as they entered the hallway, he wasn't alone the thought put Tommy on guard. He stood in front of her in a protective stance as the livingroom door opened, he grit his teeth as he saw her father with non other then Billy Kimber in the flesh.
Jodie's eyes scanned him quickly, he wasn't at all scary. He was a short man with dark hair that was parted through the middle, his white suit made him look small and completely was not what she expected.
"Go and pack your things" Thomas ordered her not taking his eyes off Kimber.
"Well if it isn't Tommy fuckin' Shelby" Kimber laughed as he looked over the young man infront of him.
Jodie gripped his arm as she whispered his name "go" he repeated firmly making her jump but she did as she was asked, quickly letting him go heading to the stairs.
"You've got alot of balls kid" Kimber told him as he stared up at him.
"You could say that" Tommy smirked looking up at Jodie's father "how's the face?" He taunted.
"Better then yours will be in a minute" he threatened as he hissed, taking a step towards him.
Kimber put his arm out stopping him in his tracks as he smiled, "not now" he ordered.
"Why? the little fuckers here!" James growled as he looked down at his boss.
"Don't fucking question me!" Kimber scolded as he looked up at his employee with disgust "We are buiness men and we will act like buiness men" he said calmly.
Tommy's eyes met Kimbers once more as he spoke again "tomorrow at the meeting Shelby".
"I'm looking forward to it" Tommy said gruffly before he cleared his throat.
"You can bring your brothers for peace of mind if you will"  Kimber joked as he chuckled darkly.
His eyes shifted back to her father to see he was red with rage, his broken nose had set at an odd angle, he had two purple eyes from the force of the hit. His eye was red and bloodshot where Tommy must have popped a blood vessell by hitting him so hard.
His eyes turning back to Kimber "thanks for the offer but I'm a big boy" he smiled sarcastically as he heard Jodie padding down the stairs, her eyes meeting her fathers.
"Don't you dare come back again you flithy little whore" her father hissed at her.
Tommy's jaw rocked in anger as his fisted clenched, he was about to defend her but didn't have the chance as she spoke "I hope I never set eyes on you again, you're scum" she hissed evily, grabbing Thomas on his arm for support.
"Is that supposed to hurt?" He laughed as Kimber and Tommy watched curiously.
"No but dying alone while I'm happy will" she told him as she finally let out a laugh.
His face fell slightly as he cursed "you little bitch".
He lifted his hand to hit her, Thomas stepped forward grabbing his hand before he had chance, he raised his fist, bringing it down on his already bruised face hitting him as hard as he could causing him to fall to the floor.
Jodie watched Thomas defend her as did Kimber who's eyes were switching between her as she smiled and her fathers body laying on the floor. Tommy leaned over her father talking quietly she had to strain to manage to hear him but she did, "that's the last time you'll ever raise your hand to her" he threatened but more like told.
He stood straight addressing Jodie as he turned "let's go".
He grabbed her arm pulling her out of the front door ignoring Kimber as he shouted "I'll see you tomorrow Mr Shelby".
"What was that about Tommy?" She asked him in confusion, she had no idea who the man with her father was but Tommy now seemed tense as he pulled her down her path, a steady yet gentle hand on her waist.
"Turns out your dad works for some very bad people" he told her honestly, he didn't look at her as he carried on walking pulling her along with him.
"I knew I would get you in trouble somehow" she muttered more to herself.
He loosed her waist as he stood still, pulling her arm softly he turned her to face him "worry about yourself for a change princess, there's nothing he can do to hurt me" he lied to her as his eyes bore into her own.
"You're lying and I can't help but feel guilty I put you in the situation in the first place" she repiled truthfully as she shrugged slightly, feeling a little uneasy under his intense gaze.
" How do you know? And you haven't done anything" he asked, his hands rubbing her upper arms.
"It's all in you're eyes Thomas" she told him taking one last look at him.
She turned away from him slowly walking forward, waiting for him to join which he did.
"I'll walk you back Ada's waiting" he told her, she nodded not speaking for the rest of the walk.