Chapter 1.

Hey everyone! This is my first real attempt at fanfiction, I fell in love with Thomas Shelby after watching Peaky Blinders so I thought I'd give this ago. This story is rated M and will involve sexual scenes, bad language and abuse. Any feedback is appriecated! :) this is set before the war but will eventually follow the series.

James Taylor was a local buiness man who owned his own small tobacco shop that he had inherited from his own father before him. He ran the company with his childhood friend Phillip, they supplied alot of buiness around the country and were very wealthy men considering where they were from.
James had met her mother Rose when they were just 18 they quickly fell in love although her family abandoned her for it, her father didn't think any boy of that age was good enough for his little girl. He had wanted his daughter to marry an older wealthier man, someone that was everything be wasn't at that time. Rose accepted her fathers distaste to her true love but told him she was to be married, they abandoned her shortly after, cutting all ties with their once beloved daughter. They soon got married, Rose falling pregnant quickly after they had arrived back from their honeymoon. They were both overjoyed at the thought of the new arrival quick to share their news around the small area they lived in, they never expected what would happen next. Jodie was born prematurely 6 weeks before her mothers estimated due date, her father watched as her mother screamed in pain forcing the tiny infant to arrive as she bled at an unbelievable rate. James was handed Jodie, he took one look into her beautiful blue eyes that matched her mothers as he smiled unshed tears in his eyes, it wasn't until he looked up at Rose he realised something was wrong. She was still and silent, it was obvious to him she wasn't breathing and quickly demanded help but it was too late she was already gone. He looked back down at his daughter who was still in his arms as he cried, he forced himself to look into those eyes he just thought were beautiful to find he didn't find them as beautiful anymore, he couldn't help but wish to see hers mothers eyes once again instead of hers.
He relectantly took her home with him, he knew he couldn't abandon her completely as she was the last bit of her mother he had left. Over the years he only found one thing that helped him with his grief, Whiskey. At first he would just have a few doubles each night then it became more and more until he was drinking a whole bottle each day sometimes more, as his drinking habits grew so did his hatred for his daughter.

Jodie grew up in her fathers care, the only other person she had met up until she was 16 years old was his friend Phillip who would watch her from time to time. She only knew their wicked ideas of punishment and care. Her dad who was once a loving husband had now became mean and cold, especially towards her, but it didn't make any difference to her that was all she knew. Jodie learnt from a young age how she should behave to avoid her dads violent outbursts, she always did as she was told.
When she was small around 3 years old he would scream at her as she cried, her upper arms in his tight grip as he shook her, telling her she was naughty, the child of the devil and that nobody loved her, she would cry until she couldn't breath and that's when he would finally release her.
As Jodie got older she learnt to avoid her dad, staying in her room for aslong as he would let her but he would eventually call her to do some sort of chore. It was the night of her 12 birthday that things took a turn for the worst, she had fell asleep as she read, the next thing she knew her fathers hands were wrapped around her neck making her struggle for breath as she clung to him. She later learnt he had called her and she had ignored him as she had been asleep, he had hit her until she couldn't physically scream any longer. Thats when the physical beating started, he would strangle her and hit her as he screamed his harsh words st her, he didn't care about the bruises no one even knew she exsisted. Everyday was the same after that, she would get up each morning to clean before he would wake to avoid him, she would quickly have something to eat before rushing upstairs to her room before he came down. She would spend the morning in her room as her dad got ready for work, listening out for any sign that he had left as soon as he did she would have all day to herself he never arrived home before 8. It wasn't until she turned 16 she finally plucked up the courage to leave the house, at first she would just walk up watery lane and back down then she started to get braver, as she explored she learnt her way around, her favourite place to go was a large field located around ten minutes away from her home. It was here were she would watch other parents with their children as they ran around wishing her father could be loving, wondering why she couldn't just be normal.
Jodie would sit their for a while enjoying the wind before returning home, her dad never knew a thing.