Chapter 1

This chapter's quote:

This chapter's song:

by Meghan Trainor

"My name is NO
My sound is NO
My number is NO
You need to let it go
Need to let it go
Nah to the ah to the no, no, no"

***

"What do you think of the new house?" the woman asks. However, it seems as her daughter isn't listening at all. She shakes her head and sighs. The girl keeps ignoring her.

"Ehm... Annaleigha... I asked you a question..." the woman points out. However, the girl named Annaleigha keeps not listening to her. Better say, it even seems as she couldn't care less about what her mother is saying.

The woman loses her patience and ends up screaming, "Annaleigha Clarisse McCallister! Are you listening to me or what?"

At first, Annaleigha just rolls her eyes and is about to turn her back at her mother. But, when she glares at her, she gets fed up and yells, "Do you want to know what I think of the new house? It's horrible! This place is horrible! And I don't get why the fuck you have to ruin my life every single moment. I didn't ask to move. You didn't ask for my opinion. And this is why this conversation is over. I'm off."

Without any hesitations, Annaleigha turns her back at her mother and leaves. She suddenly starts crying and running as fast as she can. 'Why does Mom never listen to me? What did I do wrong?' she is thinking.

But, after all, she is glad that she left. There's no need to deal with such an overbearing and strict woman when you can do whatever you feel it's the best situation.

As she keeps running, Annaleigha doesn't notice she is bumping on another girl. She has long, flowy, dark brown hair and is wearing a black cap. The girls mutters something in protest, but Annaleigha doesn't even notice until she stops to sit on a bench, and maybe keep crying. The dark-haired girl is now standing next to her and snaps, "Hey you! Next time mind where you go!" as if she is reprimanding something.

'How rude she is!'

This is now Annaleigha's thought of the girl, but she just says, in tears, "Excuse me, but you didn't introduce yourself."

"First apologize to me." The other girl's tone is so threatening that it could cause Annaleigha to cry even louder. However, the latter stops crying and mutters an unconvincing "I'm sorry," before standing up. She is about to leave, but then the dark-haired girl restarts talking.

"Hey! Didn't you want to know my name?" She gives a hand. "By the way, it's Alyzza."

"Annaleigha."