Chapter Five

Chapter Five

(Peter's POV)

I woke up from a long night, still tired. I had barely gotten any sleep. I was too busy thinking about what Madi had said. What she had said last night hurt, but at the same time sent a burst of hope inside me. I still have a chance. All I have to do is prove that I still love her and that I won't hurt her.

Everyone was still asleep. But as I looked around, I realized that Lucy was missing from her spot beside Madi. I quickly picked up my sword, preparing myself to go look for her. Then an idea occured in my mind. I slowly and cautiously walked over to Madi and gently rubbed her arm, running my hand up and down the fabric of her sky blue dress. Her eyes fluttered open and she looked up at me, confused.

"What's wrong?" she whispered. I pointed to the empty space beside her.

"Lucy's missing." I whispered. She quickly stood up, nearly falling over from the rush. I quickly caught her before she could tumble down into the ashes of the firepit. My hands were on her waist, supporting her. Her hands were on my shoulders, hanging onto me. We gazed at each other for what seemed like a life-time, less than an inch apart from eachother, til we heard a twig crack to our right.

Lucy.

We both quietly ran towards the noise.

"Aslan?" we heard Lucy say. I was the first one to see her. I quickly put my hand over her mouth and pulled her behind a tree beside Madi. I pressed my finger to my lips, telling her to stay silent. The three of us slowly looked out from our hiding spot, gazing at the creature Lucy had mistaken as Aslan. It stood on it's hind legs, covered in black fur, and had horns and a snout. It had a huge ax in one hand. We all knew exactly what it was. A minotaur.

A slowly moved out from behind the tree, my sword in my hand. I wasn't going to let this beast hurt anyone I cared about, so I thought it would be a good idea to eliminate the problem before it became out of control.

Big mistake.

Just as I was about to swing my sword at the un-suspecting monster, someone shouted behind me and deflected my blade. Instead of aiming for the minotaur, I began to duel my new threat. It looked like a teenage boy that was probably my age. He had shoulder-length dark hair, was wearing a white shirt with a black leather vest over it, trousers, and black boots.

I hit my sword so hard agaist his that his weapon went flying out of his hands. I continued to press my attack, but he seemed to dodge me every single time. Just as I was about to slam my blade into his head, he ducked, sending the long metal piece of my sword straight into a tree instead. My sword became stuck, my attacker tried to pull it out and use it for himself. I quickly grabbed a rock and was about to bash his head in when I suddenly heard Madi shout a name I never wanted to hear.

"Caspian!"

*************************

(Madi's POV)

We both stared at eachother for a second, taking the moment in. Caspian stared at me in awe.

"Madeline?" he said in disbelief. I smiled and nodded. He ran to me and we embraced eachother. I missed him so much. He squeezed me tight, as if there was a possibility that if he let go I'd disappear again.

"I missed you so much." I said to him. I saw Peter over Caspian's shoulder, his face turning 'jealousy-red' once again.

I decided that I was going to have a little fun with this.

"Caspian, this is Peter Pevensie. The boy I was telling you about." I said, introducing the two of them. Caspian's face suddenly turned dark. He looked at me.

"This is him?" he asked. I nodded. Caspian glared at Peter.

"You're Madeline's ex-boyfriend? You have alot of explaining to do, Your Highness." Caspian said, spitting the last two words of his sentence as if they were posionous. Peter started to back up.

"Look, I can explain-" Peter started to say but was interupted. Coming into sight around us were countless Narnians. Leapords, centaurs, minotaurs, satyrs, dwarfs, tigers, badgers, and many more creatures surrounded us. I quickly grabbed onto Caspian's arm and he smiled at me, then kissed my cheek.

"Relax, they're friendly." he said to me as he wrapped his strong muscular arm around my waist protectively. Peter looked as if smoke was about to come out of his ears.

And I loved it.